Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chiropractor

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
Have any of you mommy's ever taken your baby to get an adjustment?

I started going to the chiropractor for myself and he wanted to check out my 8 months old babies spine. He said his hip is out, and a few places in his back and neck. I'm a little worried to have him touch my baby, but I was also worried for him to touch my back and yet I'm going because I have major pains that he can fix.

What are y'all opinions on this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM

This is my baby at about 5 weeks old :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/804044_10151520529851520_1817944706_n.jpg?oh=ff058e16f168953c7b90bd9736b446c0&oe=5183915A&__gda__=1367619634_eed62ad71941eec9fcf631cc0a70b9a9

ceckyl
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
As long as the chiro is trained for infants it's very safe and affective.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I should have added something like this lol.

Our regular chiropractor only deals with pre/postnatal mothers, infants and children. She is amazing! My 3 month old hated the car and our chiro is 2 hours (each way) away from here, so I found someone closer (the guy in the photo) and he is awesome. He uses a different technique, but it made a noticeable difference in my baby immediately after her first adjustment.

If your chiropractor is trained to work on infants, it can make a world of difference for things like 'colic' or ear infections.

Quoting ceckyl:

mommymeade
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

my son was 8 weeks my daughter 4 months

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
He adjusts his babies, and kids, so I assume he is trained in it.

Quoting Randi02:

I should have added something like this lol.

Our regular chiropractor only deals with pre/postnatal mothers, infants and children. She is amazing! My 3 month old hated the car and our chiro is 2 hours (each way) away from here, so I found someone closer (the guy in the photo) and he is awesome. He uses a different technique, but it made a noticeable difference in my baby immediately after her first adjustment.

If your chiropractor is trained to work on infants, it can make a world of difference for things like 'colic' or ear infections.

Quoting ceckyl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
My girls have seen our chiropractor since they were a couple days old.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I never took my children but I've heard great things about it.

I've been myself when I was having back and leg issues.

abra
by Abra on May. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM

this. I have taken all my babies!

Quoting ceckyl:

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

Themommyison
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

chiropractors are wonderful especially for babies, I use to take my little guy when he was born and he is terrific! hirpractic care in children build up their immune systems, avoid ear infections etc.

Themommyison
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM

ONLY GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR EVERYONE!!!!! PAIN FREE DRUG FREE AND WORRY FREE!!!!! CHIROPRACTIC CARE CURED ME FROM ASTHMA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)