Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: My 10 month old does not want to sleep in his crib. What should I do?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi, my 10 month old does not want to sleep in his crib, he was sleeping in his crib from start. But now when ever he wakes up at night he want to sleep with me no matter what I do to put him back to sleep on his crib. What should I do now?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eliots_momma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
We Co sleep so I've never had that problem but here is a bump!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I co-sleep from birth and my 19.5 month old still sleeps with me because we're nursing still.

Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

What do you do to get him back in his crib? Do you take him out of the crib and out of the room? Maybe thats why he doesnt want to go back in his crib

erinf28
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say instead of picking him up, just let him lay there and soothe him while he is laying down. Then leave the room for a little bit. If he starts back up, do the same thing. It lets him know that he has to sleep in the crib, but that you will always be there if he needs you. It might take a couple of nights, but he will eventually get it.

abra
by Abra on May. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually change baby and night and put them back to bed. I try not to turn on lights or speak much so they don't completely wake up.
LeilanisMom2012
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I did the same thing before my daughter started sleeping through the night.. i learned talking means the baby thinks its wake up time... and before u know it hours passed... ur still up with the baby & beyond tired.

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Cosleeper here but here's a bump! Of course, we started cosleeping because DS wouldn't sleep in his crib for longer than 10 mins before waking up and crying. Even now, he uses his crib as a playpen. I can sometimes get him to nap in his crib but rarely.

---terrah---
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Well, I'm an advocate for co-sleeping so I would say let him sleep with you. Obviously, he needs that comfort at night. But if you definitely need him in his crib, I'd bring the crib into your room and put it right next to your bed. That way, he knows you are there but he is still in his own bed.

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM
This is what I always did and changed him right in the crib so I didn't have to lift him. I also am one to do CIO

Quoting abra:

I usually change baby and night and put them back to bed. I try not to turn on lights or speak much so they don't completely wake up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Same, good luck!

Quoting Eliots_momma:

We Co sleep so I've never had that problem but here is a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN