Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

schedual piog

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

hi all i was wondering if yall have your babies on scheduals. and if you do when did you start? my son dr suggested putting our son on a rutine schedual. so he knows what to expect. he was a premature baby. any advice would  be apprieated. thanks

by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I let my babies set their own schedules. I do have a bedtime routine but no actual bedtime until they are older. We have a basic daily routine that we do as a family (get up, eat, get dressed, chores, etc.) but nothing specific for baby.
Peachy34500
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I started a bedtime routine from the beginning, bath, bottle bed .. then did a daytime routine around 4 mths old or so
How old is your baby? I would just start putting him down for naps around the same time every day ans go from there.. as he gets older, you can tweek it as you go along, do what works best for both of you
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
We let baby determine schedule. He nurses on demand, sleeps when he wants, etc.
1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I had a bedtime routine from about the 2nd month; warm bath at 7pm, rock and bottle. I don't really have a set schedule. DS wakes, eats and naps when he wants. However, I don't let him nap after 4pm or he will never sleep at night. If it's getting late in the afternoon and he still hasn't napped, I would rock him a while. Normally he'd go right to sleep.

As DS got older, he got use to my husband and I schedule, so now he does eat breakfast, lunch and dinner when we do. He still naps when he is ready though.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

kat25221
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

my son is 3 months

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I have a schedule. Started from the beginning some was what I tried to do and other was what my DD set

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We don't have a strict schedule but my son naps around the same time and goes to bed around the same time every day.

ceckyl
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
This

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I let my babies set their own schedules. I do have a bedtime routine but no actual bedtime until they are older. We have a basic daily routine that we do as a family (get up, eat, get dressed, chores, etc.) but nothing specific for baby.

boshs1andonly
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

dd doesn't really have a schedule (she's 16 months). i let her sleep whenever, though she usually eats when i do. she actually probably sleeps later than most kids her age, otherwise she wouldn't see her dad most weeknights. but i also stay home with her, i wouldn't keep her up if we had somewhere (like daycare) to go early in the morning,

angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

We do bedtime routines and started around 6 weeks. We never did "set times" for snack/meals but we would do them in the same order everyday, for instance after morning nap we'd have snack, etc. but if the baby slept longer in his nap we didn't wake him up to snack. kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)