Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Persistent Diaper Rash ***Pic on pg 3

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 27 Replies

We have been battling diaper rash off and on for the last two months. It has never been a problem before. Our diet hasn't changed any lately, he's breastfed, some solids.

To treat this rash I have tried destin, bm, coconut oil, aquafor, letting him go diaper free as much as possible, baking soda soaks, and the burt's bees cream. It will improve then get bad again. It doesn't help that he poops about 2-3 X a day :/

I don't know what else to try. I hate seeing his bottom so red and inflamed.

I'm also pretty sure it is not a yeast infection. I have seen them and this rash doesn't look like that. It also has never been so bad that it damaged the skin to the point of it bleeding.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
What diapers do you use? Have you tired Lavender oil??
MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Also how old is baby? My son has a lactose allergy. His poop literally eats his butt. I had to stop nursing and out him on lactose free milk:( nothing I did worked.
Eliots_momma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
We've been using Pampers since day one. Could he develop a sensitivity this late in the game?

Lavender oil? I use lavender eo in his bath so that he smells good and it calms him before bed.

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

LongBeachLiz
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Could it be a yeast problem? It's very common in babies.

What happened two months ago?
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Sorry I missed the last part
Eliots_momma
He will be one in a couple weeks. He has never had a problem with me having dairy and the only milk he has had is mine.

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

Also how old is baby? My son has a lactose allergy. His poop literally eats his butt. I had to stop nursing and out him on lactose free milk:( nothing I did worked.
MTSuperMomof4
He could if they changed something in the diaper make up. Lavender oil (pure, no fillers or lotions) helps with rashes of all kinds. I 'found' out about it from a friend.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

We've been using Pampers since day one. Could he develop a sensitivity this late in the game?

Lavender oil? I use lavender eo in his bath so that he smells good and it calms him before bed.

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

MTSuperMomof4
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol well that's not it :) go you!! I wish I could have gone so long with baby!

Quoting Eliots_momma:

He will be one in a couple weeks. He has never had a problem with me having dairy and the only milk he has had is mine.

Quoting MTSuperMomof4:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Maybe it's an eczema rash.  Try hydrocortizone.

Eliots_momma
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Idk what happened 2 months ago that started this. He had a little rash and it has been getting better and then getting worse since. It seems like one thing will work a little bit then the rash will get bad again so I'll try something else. Sometimes it will clear completely but will come back before the week's end.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Could it be a yeast problem? It's very common in babies.

What happened two months ago?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)