Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

FDA suspends Johnson & Johnson license! PIOG

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 27 Replies

http://www.niticentral.com/2013/04/29/fda-suspends-license-of-johnson-johnson-71638.html

Posting it in this group too. THe more aware we are, the better!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
So they aren't making products anymore? I hope so because i don't like any other brand. I guess i gotta stock up real quick on ther stuff
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
They were suspending their license bc their product (baby powder) contained unacceptable amounts of. A Known carcinogen. I don't know if they are pulling their license for all products but I do know I wouldn't want to out that on an infant or child...

They have been under scrutiny for having harmful chemicals in their BABY products since 2006. They are showing they aren't the most trustworthy of companies...

Quoting mama-smurf:

So they aren't making products anymore? I hope so because i don't like any other brand. I guess i gotta stock up real quick on ther stuff

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

It's the FDA in India.  Clearly, in this rough economy, Johnson and Johnson couldn't afford to bribe all the countries.

geekymom08
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I hope that doesnt affect the Aveeno line. I use the lotion for my son!

LongBeachLiz
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure why people would run and buy their product when the company as a whole have shady practices and couldn't care less about their consumers health.

We expose ourselves and children to enough carcinogens why would we knowingly run out and buy more?
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Ok thanks. I don't care for the baby powder but i love the,lotion so hope they won't pull those off the shelves. thanks.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

They were suspending their license bc their product (baby powder) contained unacceptable amounts of. A Known carcinogen. I don't know if they are pulling their license for all products but I do know I wouldn't want to out that on an infant or child...

They have been under scrutiny for having harmful chemicals in their BABY products since 2006. They are showing they aren't the most trustworthy of companies...

Quoting mama-smurf:

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
So that's why i had an allergic reaction to the "hypoallergenic" night time baby wash?
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Is this in the US?

I had heard about this, but wasn't sure. The FDA is American, so that throws me off!

Either way, I don't use J&J products (and I'm not in the US) but it's scary that so many people blindly trust this brand. If it's all you can afford, I get that... but it's worth it to spend the extra bit of money on products that are non toxic. The skin is our largest organ, and it's important that we are careful what we expose it to - especially the skin of a rapidly developing little human :)

1CrazyCajun
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/johnson.asp

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We don't use J&J

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)