Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spelling for my sons name?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: Which spelling is best?

Options:

Jase

Jayse

Jayce

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Sooo his dad LOVES the name Jace. He's set on it.

I like the name but am NOT a fan of Jenelle Evans from teen mom so I want to change the spelling a bit so people don't think we got it from her. Because really, we didn't, boyfriend doesn't even watch teen mom and it was his idea. I had to make him google her to see why I wasn't crazy about it in the first place. LOL

It will technically be his middle name, his first name will be Michael, but we are planning to call him by his middle name because

1) His dad goes by his middle name

and

2) He is being named Michael after his grandfather, my uncle, a long time good friend of mine, and his dad's first name is Michael. That is too many Mikes for one family!

Thanks everyone for your input :)

by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I'd just spell it the normal way. I don't think changing the spelling is going to change anyone who actually watches that show from associating the name with it. And the majority of people who don't watch it won't think of it.
Besides, he'll have to live with the spelling if his name for a lifetime, the small percentage of people influenced by that show will have moved on and forgotten all about it in a few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I agree spelling isn't going to change anything.  When the teacher or you yell Jace do you really think anyone thinks about the spelling?

geekymom08
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Jase is also from duck dynasty...
atm1979
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I like jase...and Idk about the your state, but her when they go to school they will not call them by their middle name...why not do jase Michael?
daisybaby91
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

BF has had no problems being called by his middle name in school and at work his whole life so I dont really see it being an issue.

Its mostly for my uncle, he has always been there for me 100% and was SO excited when I told him our plan for the baby's name that he actually teared up. And he's a big tough guy that doesn't cry :)

Quoting atm1979:

I like jase...and Idk about the your state, but her when they go to school they will not call them by their middle name...why not do jase Michael?

daisybaby91
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I've really never watched that just seen a minute of it here or there. But now I have to haha PLEASE tell me that the Jase from the show doesn't have a pre-santa beard like the rest of them!

Quoting geekymom08:

Jase is also from duck dynasty...

atm1979
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Cool, I say that bc a friend of mine whose lil boyis in dds class had to go by his first name when everyone outside of school hours by his middle...this was actually a mix up when doing the birth certificate

Quoting daisybaby91:

BF has had no problems being called by his middle name in school and at work his whole life so I dont really see it being an issue.

Its mostly for my uncle, he has always been there for me 100% and was SO excited when I told him our plan for the baby's name that he actually teared up. And he's a big tough guy that doesn't cry :)

Quoting atm1979:

geekymom08
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Yes. He does. Haha. He's Willie's brother.... And seems like most people I know have a little crush on him. Lol. I've only watched the show once. But everyone else I know loves the show.

Quoting daisybaby91:I've really never watched that just seen a minute of it here or there. But now I have to haha PLEASE tell me that the Jase from the show doesn't have a pre-santa beard like the rest of them!

Quoting geekymom08:Jase is also from duck dynasty...

geekymom08
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
When I signed my son up for school, they had a line asking what he likes to be called or name he goes by. Maybe her kid will get that same privilege.

Quoting atm1979:

jessicaaris
by Jessica on May. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I voted Jase. I like Jayce too but I think Jase is better for a boy.  IDK why lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)