Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper bag disappointment

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
I bought a jj cole diaper bag. Fell in love with it and spent more than I normally would for a diaper bag/purse. After 9 weeks of use, the handles are tearing.

Now I need suggestions on a different bag. Show me what you're carrying! And give me any of you're reviews on bags!
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ghostcat90
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM

A bag I found for $5 at a consignment sale :-)  Carried a k-swiss backpack for a while.

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I use a one strap backpack, lol. I love it, it fits everything I need and is easy to carry. Plus it hangs nicely from my stroller or a chair or anything else.

I bought an expensive diaper bag and used it for about 2 days...

CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM
My favorite was my thirty one utility tote.
Nickie76
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Standard JANSPORT back packs. 

bbysqd
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Thats what I've been leaning towards.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh, I'm cheap! I bought a Walmart bag 5 years ago when pregnant with my 4 year old, and it's held up perfectly great through him and my 2 year old, I'll probably keep using it when this baby is born too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
The cheap Walmart one I was still using for toys and a change of clothes if gone all day last summer when he turned 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
It is great, they also have a smaller version that is nice when they are older and don't need as much. During May, for every $31 you spend you can get a thermal product 1/2 off. Their thermal products are great too! They wipe off easily, and they are cute LOL

Quoting bbysqd:

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Thats what I've been leaning towards.

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Ours was given to us by my parents. It's just a cheapo from Walmart. It's a safari themed. Have had it a year and still going strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I bought two Carter's diaper bags from Burlington coat factory on sale. One in 2009 and one on 2011. My first one was still in good condition, but I was on a shopping spree. Now that they're one and three I tend to use a small backpack since I only need diapers for the baby. It fits enough diapers for a day out, one complete outfit for the toddler and two to three outfits for the baby. I also carry extra underwear and pants for the toddler, just in case. I can't fit jeans or dirty clothes/ diapers in there, but I also keep two wetbags on hand. They dangle from the stroller or the straps of the bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)