Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

2nd UPDATE Is this some kind of weird diaper rash?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 36 Replies
My 2mo has this "diaper rash". She's had it for almost 2 weeks now. It doesn't have any bumps or red patches. It jus looks like a big red welt. Kind of like her private area is sunburnt. The weird thing is, it doesn't bother her at all! It doesn't hurt and I'm guessing it doesn't itch because she's always pretty darn happy or sleeping. There's no odor either. Do I don't think it's a yeast infection. I've tried destitin, a&d, butt paste, petroleum jelly, and triple paste. Nothing has helped. I change her all the time too. She has an appointment Monday but its driving me crazy waiting! I feel horrible like I caused it

I just changed her diaper and the redness has seemed to have toned down some. I did notice something weird though. At the edges of it, it seems to be peeling a tiny bit. Just like a sun burn would! I thought maybe she could have gotten burned in the bath? But I've always been careful with the temp and she's never acted as if it was too warm for her. Plus if that was the case shed be burnt in other places too.

After having to cancel her first appointment, we finally got her in today! They said it looks a little yeasty but that they weren't sure. They prescribed her 2 ointments. One is happy butts I think? So I'll go pick those up in the morning and see how that works! Thank you ladies for your advice and help =)
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sondamom0828
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Have you changed diaper brands or brand of wipes?  She can be allergic to the diapers or wipes. 

KimmisMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Not really. We used pampers and huggies when she was first born. But we've been using luvs for over a month now. We use huggies wipes. I usually just grab a box so idk if they're always scented or not.

Quoting sondamom0828:

Have you changed diaper brands or brand of wipes?  She can be allergic to the diapers or wipes. 

opinionatedmom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a yeast infection to me
KimmisMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM
But wouldn't there be burning, itching, smell, or some kind of discharge?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Not always both of my boots got them bad. The baby really bad. They never had a smell. As far as burning or itching they only showed it when I wiped them. Neither had discharge they would start bleeding though. And if I am right and the prescription doesn't work get arbonne diaper rash ointment. It works on yeast infections .

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

KimmisMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Oh wow I didn't know that. She giggles and smiles when I change/wipe her. It looks HORRIBLE! Is there anything else for that too?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Not always both of my boots got them bad. The baby really bad. They never had a smell. As far as burning or itching they only showed it when I wiped them. Neither had discharge they would start bleeding though. And if I am right and the prescription doesn't work get arbonne diaper rash ointment. It works on yeast infections .

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

opinionatedmom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Depending on her age and diet.

Quoting KimmisMom:

Oh wow I didn't know that. She giggles and smiles when I change/wipe her. It looks HORRIBLE! Is there anything else for that too?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

KimmisMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:59 AM
She's 2 months and breastfed...

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Depending on her age and diet.

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting KimmisMom:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

907PickleMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Switch to cloth! She may be sensitive to the chemicals in the diapers. Also make sure that the wipes are Not scented. Yeast would be raised with bumps.
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Could be exzema, my son had a small red patch on his butt as well when he was an infant, it didn't bother him either and he was happy all the time too........the doc told me it was Eczema, now his Eczema is all up and down his legs and a little on his back, and his arms, it now bothers him but he is still happy most of the time. I was told that exzema can come in several different forms too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN