Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Don't know how much more I can take

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

Just when I thought things were going good, that I had established a good routine, that sleep training was going well, all hell breaks loose! Our son is 16 months and doesn't sleep well to begin with, so any time his schedule is off the slightest bit, he gets sooo cranky and whinny that I can't take it anymore!

I think next time I'm going to get in the car and leave for the day, that ought to teach DH to listen to me when I say he needs a f***ing nap! I don't care if someone is visiting or if we're out of town, he needs consistency! He needs to know it doesn't matter where we are, he's still going to take a nap when it's nap time.

DH likes to play computer games at night after DS is asleep, but the problem with that is he stays up until the wee hours of the morning on these dumb games and complains about how tired he is all the time. Last night I went to bed at 11:30, woke up at 12:30 to DS crying, and DH was still downstairs playing games; this INFURIATES me!!! This morning he said that WE need to start going to bed earlier, so he might be finally starting to get it, only thing is that it's him that needs to change his routine.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanthanomai83
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My ex has the gaming problem too.  I'd work til midnight and he'd play on xbox til 3-4 am making me get up at 7 to get our son off to school while he got to sleep til 1-2 pm when I had to leave for work. Needless to say we are currently divorcing lol.  Perhaps sit him down and talk it out.  I know I had a problem with just letting it all build and bitching at him out of the blue because I was just to sick of the situation.Good luck hun.

bad_mama2011
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Yes, I plan on having a long talk with him tonight about this and other things that are bothering me.

Quoting lanthanomai83:

My ex has the gaming problem too.  I'd work til midnight and he'd play on xbox til 3-4 am making me get up at 7 to get our son off to school while he got to sleep til 1-2 pm when I had to leave for work. Needless to say we are currently divorcing lol.  Perhaps sit him down and talk it out.  I know I had a problem with just letting it all build and bitching at him out of the blue because I was just to sick of the situation.Good luck hun.

newmomat22
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM

my husband used to do the same things.My hubby is disabled and can't work so he used to stay up all night playing games while I took care of our 5 y/o daughter and our newborn baby who is now only 2 months. I had a long talk with my hubby which didn't set in so one day after taking DD to school I went up to bed an locked the door. I said on my way up' the baby is all his for a couple hours not to bother me and how he will see what I do all day and deal with 2 kids after DD gets home. I yelled down to him don't forget to clean you are doing what I do all day'.  Needless to say he was pissed but I didn't care either he helps me out or I will loose my marbles doing it all on my own. He is slowly changing and helps out more now that he knows what I do on a daily basis. Good luck mama I had to take drastic measures lets hope you don't have to. 

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Tell him that if he's up playing games then he sould tend to your son when he wakes up so you can sleep. He's up anyway so he should help.

alandou
by April on May. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Something needs to change, and it sounds like it needs to be him. You'll both have to come to an understanding about helping eachother out. Just as soon as you think you have something good going on with your kid, it'll change up. Always. My daughter is almost 4 years old and she's changing things up every few weeks or so when it comes to her sleeping in her bed. I'm used to it but it still irritates me none the less.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

((hugs)) sounds frustrating

bad_mama2011
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM

He does, we take turns getting up with him during the night and in the morning, so we can each get enough sleep. Broken sleep is just about as bad as no sleep though and he came down with a cold yesterday, so he was up just about every hour last night...

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Tell him that if he's up playing games then he sould tend to your son when he wakes up so you can sleep. He's up anyway so he should help.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quoting bad_mama2011:

He does, we take turns getting up with him during the night and in the morning, so we can each get enough sleep. Broken sleep is just about as bad as no sleep though and he came down with a cold yesterday, so he was up just about every hour last night...

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Well that's good that he helps you sometimes. My baby is 8 months & I breastfeed so I don't get any help. My dh can't feed her so it's all on me & I agree that broken sleep is just as bad as no sleep. It's why I resorted to co-sleeping so I can night nurse otherwise I would have lost my mind months ago.

CafeMom Tickers
bad_mama2011
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
That's what I did too, until he was a year, but I think I should have only done that for like 3-6 months because it was so hard to sleep train him. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to try to do things a little differentlly with the next baby.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Well that's good that he helps you sometimes. My baby is 8 months & I breastfeed so I don't get any help. My dh can't feed her so it's all on me & I agree that broken sleep is just as bad as no sleep. It's why I resorted to co-sleeping so I can night nurse otherwise I would have lost my mind months ago.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quoting bad_mama2011:

That's what I did too, until he was a year, but I think I should have only done that for like 3-6 months because it was so hard to sleep train him. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to try to do things a little differentlly with the next baby.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I personally believe that they benefits of breastfeeding out weigh the sleep. I don't really believe in sleep training a baby under a year to two years anyway. You did good momma :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)