Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first birthday parties?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 34 Replies
What did u or are you going to do for your little ones first birthday? My ds will be one July 6th and i don't know what to do for his birthday party. I had my dd`s at my house out side (because i dont like people in my house. My anxiety kicks in fast lol.) But we have moved since then and we don't have a lot of room out side now.

And i don't want to spend a lot of money because we have my daughters birthday my 19th and then his first birthday July 6th then my step sons birthday is July 8th so money will be a little tight.

I am open to any ideas.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akroeget203
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Bump
CelestialSong
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Just some food and cake and presents, with my immediate family as guests (dad, 3 of my siblings and 2 of their spouses, and my 2 nieces). It was nice, easy, stress-free. I don't think first birthdays need to be all-out, the kid will never remember it.

LAH2x
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM

We are just having the immediate family over for a bbq and cake and presents. She turns 1 June 19th. 

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

We're having my son's first birthday party at our house, it's brand new so it'll give everyone the opportunity to see the house and come celebrate his birthday!  Killing two birds with one stone there LOL

We're doing a vintage sock monkey theme! :O)

diamondcupcake
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM

i did the monkey theme...the cute like girl monkey you see on baby clothes now...

cake i made

cupcakes i made...

semi set up...

gift baggys

anxiousschk
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Go low key.  Save big parties for when the baby is older, old enough to remember.  Small gathering with a homemade cake is great.   

June3May4June3
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I'm not really doing a theme. We are having a party for all of our kids together. It will be just the five of us and immediate family. I know for sure we will be having a cook out.

abigailsmommy11
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I did a pot luck at a park, all I paid for was the cake and cupcakes. My family and friends brought food and presents. It was a blast! 

1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I didn't have a theme for DS first b-day. I just bought cheap brightly colored balloons, napkins, plates, forks and table cover. I made something similar to the pic below and put DS highchair in front of it, so we could get some good pics. It was cheap to do, but took some time to hand the balloons and twirl the streamers.

I bought a small professional made cake for guests, but had homemade cupcakes as extra. Also made a big cupcake for DS to dive into. :)

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM

We had a little party for DD's first birthday in Blue's Clues theme, as she was obsessed with Blues Clues at the time. I was going to do it at the park (DD's birthday is July 2nd), but funds fell through and I just did it at the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)