Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby doesn't want to be held

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

I don't know if this is normal, so I'm wondering if any other mommies have experienced this. Lately during some feelings, my son doesn't want me to hold him. He squirms and cries like he's uncomfortable. Then I lay him down with a pillow, so he's reclined, and feed him and he'll eat and is content. It doesn't happen during all feelings just some. He's 6 months.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ghostcat90
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Mine is/was like that.  She's 7 months old now.  I've found our only true cuddle times are feed times.  Everyone keeps fussing at me to just give her her bottle and lay her down, but the only way she'll snuggle is for me to feed her and even then she fights me.  

bookwormmom2
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM

My youngest daughter has been doing that too but i think it's more to do with them being uncomfortable from having gas or being a bit constipated. My daughter was a little constipated when she started doing it and was kind of gassy, once she did some good diapers and burps shes been fine.

TrentonGirl
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My son hated being held. Even when he was around 3 months old. He hated it. He will be 3 this yr and still hates to be held. My dd on the other hand loves to be held. She is 11months and wants to be held like a baby all the time.
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM
My 8 month dd isn't cuddly at all- shed rather I lay her in her crib and give her her bottle!
angevil53
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Maybe baby needs an alignment.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Both my kids were like that and when they were able to sit up they stopped breast feeding too

If could be worst you could have one of those babies that never want to be put down.
AMRios
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

My oldest son (7) and now my youngest daughter (9months) does/did not like to be held while they eat either... It doesn't matter if she just woke up from a nap she wants to get in her bed, lay down and eat her bottle... Then when she is done she stands up and says Momma, Momma... :) 

huneebadger
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

My 6 month is like this, glad she isn't the only one!! People will ask to hold her and I tell them she will probably fuss as she prefers to sit in her bouncy chair and observe people!

KRIZZ25
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
EACH BABY IS DIFFERENT..JUST GO WTH IT.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My kids were so clingy! Still are. They all have such unique personalities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)