Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you put a 1 year old to sleep without his pacifier?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband wants to know, because at age 1 (june9th) i am taking all of the binkies away. Its been this long already, and i dont want him to freak when we take them away. He doesnt cry for them now, but thats how my dh puts him to sleep. and consoles him at night, i only nurse at night now, mostly to console him back to sleep. But when i told him that im taking them away because it will be easier now than later when he cries for it. my dh says...then how will i put him to sleep? lol give him some tips!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CatFishMom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM

My husband just took it away and that was that. Our boys didnt wake in the middle of the night by then, but if yours does, just hold him a minute mybe, pat his back and youll have to deal with some crying. It's part of weaning. Ours both went pretty smoothly.

abra
by Abra on May. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM

this. 

Quoting CatFishMom:

My husband just took it away and that was that. Our boys didnt wake in the middle of the night by then, but if yours does, just hold him a minute mybe, pat his back and youll have to deal with some crying. It's part of weaning. Ours both went pretty smoothly.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

it will be easier to take it later when he has developed other coping skills.  one year olds still need a lot of oral comfort.  without it, or nursing, i would try rocking, patting, singing, laying down with him, etc... repetitive motion helps sooth them to sleep.

Mdmooch
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
My kids never took those so I am no help but good luck!. I hear from others they are hard to get rid of!
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I would reccomend night nursing instead of the binky. That will make it a smoother transition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)