Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Newborn has days/nights confused..HELPPP!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just had my daughter May 2nd. She was born at 36+4, at 4lb 4 oz. She completely has her days and nights all mixed up! She sleeps ALL day. To the point that I have trouble getting her up to eat. She sleeps like a damn rock lol but at night, starting around midnight, she will sleep on and off every hour and is super fussy. Even if I've just fed, changed, and burped her, she will still scream until I can rock her back to sleep only for her to wake up 45 minutes to an hour later. How can I get her back on track? Pleaseeee help. I'm miserable =[

by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
she's brand new so she's still worn out from being born. maybe wake her up and give her tummy time during the day for 5 mins every now and then to start getting her alert more during daylight hours. but for the most part just sleep when she does. you can't go to work for 6 wks so slowly get her into a routine w a lil more tummy time and play time as the weeks go by. trust me time will fly and she will be up for 2-3 hours at a time and than some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My baby did the same thing in the begining. From what I understand you can't sleep train a baby that young. I just followed her lead & tried to sleep when she slept. She put herself on a schedule after about a month or so. Are you using a paci? Somtimes that helps.

Lanamignon
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I'm in the same boat. My daughter was born April 21st and she stays up at night and sleeps during the day. It's tough but I'm just taking it day by day or night by night I should say.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Normal. Eventually it will work out. This is just life with a newborn. Nap as much as possible when baby does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Just try to keep her up as much as possible during the day. Don't be quiet when cleaning or whatever. When she's awake during the day try to stimulate her by talking singing etc.
squocket
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, don't worry about it. Not sure when/if you have to go back to work which could make this more stressful, but your baby is super-new and has no idea about night and day or anything else. Rest when she is resting or  not, but realize that it is your choice. She is not in the least bit of control over what she is doing right now.

anxiousschk
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM

This

Quoting squocket:

Lol, don't worry about it. Not sure when/if you have to go back to work which could make this more stressful, but your baby is super-new and has no idea about night and day or anything else. Rest when she is resting or  not, but realize that it is your choice. She is not in the least bit of control over what she is doing right now.

Lilmama4909
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Wow im so lucky my baby girl is 3months an has never had that prob she would go to sleep by 11 an sleep till almost noon an only wake up once or twice for a bottle but now she wants to go to sleep around 8 an wake up at 6 am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
That happens in the beginning don't worry she isn't confused lol that's what the nurse kept telling me!
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Most babies do that. Over time she will figure it out. You can try waking her during the day but it doesn't always work. Do you swaddle her?? Sometimes that helps. Hang in there mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN