Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: Type your question for the moms of our Babies group...

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

my daughter is no 7 months old and she will not sleep in her crib. I dont know what to do ! Im desperate at this point. She has a night time rountine. I give her dinner and a bath than I read to her but she will not fall asleep unless she in her swing or in my bed. I tried just letting her cry but she gets so upset to the point where she throws up. I try rubbing her back and talking to her but nothing works and I end up cracking and bringing her into my bed. I am a single mother and no one to really help me so her having a set bed time would let me get some time to myself. Please help

by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Could you let her fall asleep in your bed and then you move to another room to get some me time? That's what I did when I could. I did have to break that habit with my youngest. We did it at 14 months old. She was in her crib right beside my bed so I would talk to her and hold her hand but it still took 3 days of crying. Each night there would be less times waking up and for shorter periods. After the 3rd day there was no more crying.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Don't take my advice though because she still has her bed beside my bed but that's because we are trying to wait to build on to our house so she can have her own room. Lol
Good luck
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM

We start by putting the crib next to our bed, would that be possible for you?

sofianmommy13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Thanks for the advice but she is a very persistant little girl. Last night I stayed up all night. It started out with her falling asleep in her swing than I put her in her crib she woke up about 2 hours later and I brought her in my bed for 10 min than put her back. She woke up every 2 hours but I think Im going to try that for the next few nights. I dont really have work or anything so I can go without sleep for a few days and just back to the newborn status of sleeping when she sleeps. Wish me luck !

-delirious mommy

MMerrill
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

The times I have tried to put my son in his crib he does the same thing, but we bedshare so it's really not an issue for us.  He sleeps much better and so do I!

Would you be against that?  It might work out better for the both of you!  If not try swaddling, or you can try rocking her to sleep or let her fall asleep in your bed and then put her in the crib.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

sofianmommy13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Well I have been cosleeping with her snd I do get sleep now. Im just scared she going to be in my bed until she is 7 lol

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Waking every 2 hours is still very normal for most 7 month olds.

Have you considered to side car the crib against your bed? It may be a good transition.
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Waking every 2 hours is still very normal for most 7 month olds.

Have you considered to side car the crib against your bed? It may be a good transition.
sofianmommy13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Imm going to try  it tonight. ill keep you updated on how it works. i really appreciate all the advice.

sofianmommy13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I am so aggravated . Believe me I cant wait to have my bed to myself but he is so funny. It deffinetly weighs out the aggravation. ill put her down in her crib and when she starts crying right when i pick her up she immediatly stops crying the second i pick her up. She is so sneaky. She has me wrapped around her little finger .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)