Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

HELP!!! Did this happen to you after pregnancy!?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

I gave birth to my twins in late January. My period came back faster than I expected (started on April 22nd and lasted roughly a week), possibly because I had to stop breastfeeding.

Today, I am experiencing some killer abdominal cramps. I'm REALLY nervous because before I found out I was pregnant with the twins, I was having the same thing: AWFUL cramps but no period. They aren't as bad now as they were then, but it's still making me uneasy. I'm afraid I could be pregnant again, even though DH and I have only had sex maybe four times total since the boys were born. The first time we used only a condom, but that was like two months ago and I've had my period since then. The last few times, we tripled the BC: condom, diaphragm, and lots of spermicide jelly. I was approved by Medicaid to get an IUD covered, but my doctor says he can't put it in until my next period starts. I know it's possible (I thought I was infertile and ended up with natural twins... anything is possible!), but it HAS to be extremely unlikely that I'm pregnant, right???

I know ovulation cramps are a possibility, and I suppose this would be about the right time for me to be ovulating. It's right in the spot that my left ovary is supposed to be and I did have ovulation cramps before I was pregnant, but they weren't this bad.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Did your ovulation cramps get worse after pregnancy? Anything here ringing a bell? HELP! I'm so freaked out because twins are hard enough, but we don't have a lot of money and are going to be struggling til my husband finishes school. We do NOT believe in termination, so this would be a very VERY difficult situation!!

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rvb146
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I have no idea. Have you spoke to a doctor about cramping? It seems like a very very very small chance that your pregnant because of all the bc that you used. Maybe there is something else going on. I hope you find help soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMerkle126
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Thanks... I mentioned it to my father, who is a doctor but not an OB. My OB's office is already closed, so I'll have to call tomorrow. Hubby picked up some HPTs but I think it will be way too early to tell anyway. So nervous!!

Quoting rvb146:

I have no idea. Have you spoke to a doctor about cramping? It seems like a very very very small chance that your pregnant because of all the bc that you used. Maybe there is something else going on. I hope you find help soon!

otoole
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

go to the doc and get bloods done. could be an plevic infection or birth control you are using or if you are on any meds. i get really bad cramoing almost 2weeks before my period, never had it in my life until january of this year when i started taking meds for my thyriod.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM
My Af cramps are alot different and worse agter I had my baby- she's 8 mos now and a couple weeks before Af I get bad cramps, then when it comes I get even worse cramps
cyork2
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM
ever since ds was born I get awful ovulation pains. It never fails and its sometimes worse than period cramps. It was never this bad before I became pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)