Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help asap

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
My baby has been crying alot today. Its usually when she is hungry but sometimes not. I try feeding her but she just either pushes te bottle away or shoves it away n cries harder n screams n she cries hard enough she starts coughing n nearly gets sick. Shes 3 months n i already tried a different kind of formula n that only make her sick. Idk wat else to do. HELP PLZ
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jackiesmomma13
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Ive even tried a lil tylenol but that wont help either.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
3 moms liked this

1) check for teething--excessive drool, trying to bite your finger--tie a clean cloth towel in a could of knots, wet it and put it in the freezer and then give it to her to chew on, they also have teething rings that you can freeze

2) still GASSY--one burp doesnt mean that she still isnt gassy--rub her belly counterclockwise, bicycle her legs, pat her back some more

3) put her head on your heart and sway--it will remind her of being in your womb

4) swaddle her--some babies really enjoy still being swaddled at this age

5) shooshing sound--also reminds them of being in your womb

6) take her in a darkened quiet room and just sit and rock her--maybe too much noise, light, etc. is bothering her

7) too hot/ too cold--change her clothes to suit her needs--some babies run hgigher than normal temp and prefer less clothes such as no socks

8) infant massage--start at the feet and rub towards the heart--increases bond, boosts growth and development--added bonus of more soothing if you use lavender scented baby lotion

9) Tylenol this young can be dangerous--DO NOT USE--try the above

10) warm bath/shower--remember when they were in the womb, they were surrounded by "water" so some babies are really very comfortable in the water.

11) Take a simple shirt that you have worn and use that to swaddle her because it has Mommy scent for comfort if you arent around at the time.

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

My son started doing this when he was around 3 months from teething.  He would push the bottle away, cry and then try and get the bottle back with his hands.  My friend told me to try and put the nipple from the bottle in the freezer for a few minutes to let it chill.  That works for ds.

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

these are some good ideas. At that age you kinda just have to try a bunch of different things to see if they help and then take it one day at a time. ((hugs)) I know how difficult it can be not to know why baby is unhappy. Hang in there! 

Quoting MixedCooke:

1) check for teething--excessive drool, trying to bite your finger--tie a clean cloth towel in a could of knots, wet it and put it in the freezer and then give it to her to chew on, they also have teething rings that you can freeze

2) still GASSY--one burp doesnt mean that she still isnt gassy--rub her belly counterclockwise, bicycle her legs, pat her back some more

3) put her head on your heart and sway--it will remind her of being in your womb

4) swaddle her--some babies really enjoy still being swaddled at this age

5) shooshing sound--also reminds them of being in your womb

6) take her in a darkened quiet room and just sit and rock her--maybe too much noise, light, etc. is bothering her

7) too hot/ too cold--change her clothes to suit her needs--some babies run hgigher than normal temp and prefer less clothes such as no socks

8) infant massage--start at the feet and rub towards the heart--increases bond, boosts growth and development--added bonus of more soothing if you use lavender scented baby lotion

9) Tylenol this young can be dangerous--DO NOT USE--try the above

10) warm bath/shower--remember when they were in the womb, they were surrounded by "water" so some babies are really very comfortable in the water.

11) Take a simple shirt that you have worn and use that to swaddle her because it has Mommy scent for comfort if you arent around at the time.

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

Jackiesmomma13
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thanks yall. It doesnt help wen daddy puts extra stress.
goincrazy2
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
If u get a good helpful answer pass it onto me my one month old does the same thing and I've tried everything to calm him down
jessicaaris
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I would call her doctor. Could be maybe gas pains from the formula? I am not sure but I hope you figure it out.

angevil53
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Ear infection!!!
Honeybee1981
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
This is a possibility, is she digging at her ears? But at 3 months she might not...good luck Mama!

Quoting angevil53:

Ear infection!!!
Jackiesmomma13
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No she aint diggin at her ears n jessie ill let u kno
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)