Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please tell me im not the only one...

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
Who can't sleep through the night even when lo does. Last night he slept from 6:30 pm to 5:50 am. I, on the other hand, slept from 10 pm to 2:45. I had to pump because he's bf. Then couldn't sleep for more than 45 minutes without waking up to check on him. I don't feel justified in complaining about a lack of sleep because he does this about once a week, and I never enjoy it. Is it just me?
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicaaris
by Jessica on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Well, I will usually wake up if one of the kids fusses at night adn then its hard to go back to sleep because I start thinking and then I can't get back to sleep. That happens often.

reneer1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
This is worry about him. He's 13 weeks and SIDS terrifies me so when he sleeps longer than normal I can't sleep. I was always a thinker at night so once this stage passes I'm sure I'll be doing what you do too.

Quoting jessicaaris:

Well, I will usually wake up if one of the kids fusses at night adn then its hard to go back to sleep because I start thinking and then I can't get back to sleep. That happens often.

xomrs.chase
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
He started sleeping through the night recently. After he weaned (he's 16mo). I started suffering from insomnia around the same time lol. SO not fair
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I'm the same way. I have some nights where I sleep better than others but most of the nights that my 8 month old sleeps a longer stretch I wake up. If she sleeps really long I usually wake up because I'm engorged & leaking. lol.

reneer1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
That's what initially wakes me, and I can deal with it, that's my stash milk lol. I just wish I could get back to sleep afterwards, and stay asleep!

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I'm the same way. I have some nights where I sleep better than others but most of the nights that my 8 month old sleeps a longer stretch I wake up. If she sleeps really long I usually wake up because I'm engorged & leaking. lol.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting reneer1:

That's what initially wakes me, and I can deal with it, that's my stash milk lol. I just wish I could get back to sleep afterwards, and stay asleep!

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I'm the same way. I have some nights where I sleep better than others but most of the nights that my 8 month old sleeps a longer stretch I wake up. If she sleeps really long I usually wake up because I'm engorged & leaking. lo

Is he your first baby? I just had my first & I feel like it took me a little while to get used to sleeping. Eventhough I'm exhausted I always have her in the back of my mind. Now I'm starting to sleep better & I'm starting to feel a lot better because of that.

CafeMom Tickers
reneer1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Yes! so how long did it take?
reneer1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Sorry, I was supposed to quote you in that answer lol. Yes he is my first, how long did it take you to start sleeping again?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Quoting reneer1:

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I'm the same way. I have some nights where I sleep better than others but most of the nights that my 8 month old sleeps a longer stretch I wake up. If she sleeps really long I usually wake up because I'm engorged & leaking. lo

Is he your first baby? I just had my first & I feel like it took me a little while to get used to sleeping. Eventhough I'm exhausted I always have her in the back of my mind. Now I'm starting to sleep better & I'm starting to feel a lot better because of that.

shoot4thestars
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

My DS just started sleeping through the night about a week ago.  The first two nights I was up every hour or two checking on him, I still wake up a few times to go to the bathroom now and I'll check on him.   Last night I checked on him he had his knees up under him sleeping.  He's 4 months and is working on crawling,  I guess he was dreaming about it too

reneer1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM
That s cute! My lo was rocking back and forth all night when I would check, so maybe hes wanting to roll back to front lol. That will open up a whole new set of things for me to worry about

Quoting shoot4thestars:

My DS just started sleeping through the night about a week ago.  The first two nights I was up every hour or two checking on him, I still wake up a few times to go to the bathroom now and I'll check on him.   Last night I checked on him he had his knees up under him sleeping.  He's 4 months and is working on crawling,  I guess he was dreaming about it too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)