Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

wont stop crying for dad

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

(let me start by saying I breastfeed and have spent the first 4 months everyday with my son, so we've gotten very close and I know him, his crys, and how to calm him pretty well by now) now to the issue. Sometimes my when I'm really exhusted my husband will try to help by taking the 5 am shift to let me get a little extra sleep. which is very sweet unfortunatly our son just ends up screaming in his face and wont eat. He tries everything, all the S's (swaddle, shush,sway,ect) singing, talking, adele( which always works for me) this morning he tried for two hours. Usuall I will give him about 20 mins then if he wont stop i'll go out to help. which kills my husband because i'll take oliver and he stop crying then I give him the breast and he'll start eating. it's rally starting to hurt my husband he feels our son hates him. which we all know isn't true. But I don't know how to make him feel better. To make it harder my husband usually works 10-12 hour days which sometimes means our son is asleep beforehe gets home. Any suggestions? cause mine aren't working

by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KATHRYNO6
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

BUMP!

Crob4
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Breast fed babies usually don't want to eat for anyone other than mom. My youngest is he exact same way, but she's 17 months now and loves daddy time. Have your husband do things for him that don't involve feeding. If he's hungry and wanting to nurse, dad probably isn't going to be able to calm him down. But, he can play with him on the floor, take him for walks, do bath time, change diapers... Pretty much anything that doesn't interfere with feeding time.
RandiBear
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Try having him take a different feeding where he can offer the food before baby is screaming and hungry. My DS did the same thing so Dh took over the late evening feeding and would get him before he got to screaming. It got DS used to him as a food giver and then he wouldn't cry for other feedings anymore.
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

give daddy jobs he can do and be successful at.  5am feedings isn't one of them, clearly. bathtime, diaper duty.... heck, he can change early morning diapers and bring him back to you to nurse.  playtime, in a couple months, solids...  my husband and kids always began to really bond around 9-12 months via playing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
KATHRYNO6
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

give daddy jobs he can do and be successful at.  5am feedings isn't one of them, clearly. bathtime, diaper duty.... heck, he can change early morning diapers and bring him back to you to nurse.  playtime, in a couple months, solids...  my husband and kids always began to really bond around 9-12 months via playing.

We have him do bath time but we don't bath him everyday, it's just kinda hard with his work schedule. thank you ladies for all the advice hopefully we can figure somthing out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN