Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

6 day sooner pregnancy test

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
Have you taken one? Specifically the first response test.. was it accurate taking it 6 days sooner? I have always taken a test after a missed period., but I can't wait anymore!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on May. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I haven't personally used a first response test (I always just bought generics that are designed to detect low levels of hcg). I have gotten a positive test a week before my due period, though. Here is a list of tests and what level they will detect: 

http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/hpt.html

Good luck!

Peachy34500
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! Thanks!

Quoting abra:

I haven't personally used a first response test (I always just bought generics that are designed to detect low levels of hcg). I have gotten a positive test a week before my due period, though. Here is a list of tests and what level they will detect: 

http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/hpt.html

Good luck!

skmehlebam
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I always went by days past ovulation (dpo) and the soonest I got a bfp was at 9dpo. If I had a 14 day luteal phase, that would have been 5 days before my period but I had a luteal phase defect. Long story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I have and I still have to be late to get a positive. Earliest positive was on a First Response, 16 DPO.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Nope, I wait until I'm late. A negative before your missed period is pretty useless information since you could still be pregnant and it hasn't implanted to start making hormones or the hormones are too low to be detected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I've never tested before a missed period.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Not six days, but I did it a few days before and it was accurate.

clo1220
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I used like every test there is before I missed my period. They all said yes, I have a 1 1/2 year old dd now
Devious103102
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Yes, but they aren't for everyone so don't be disappointed if you don't get a BFP.  I got a BFP at 8DPO/6 days before AF was due (DD4), 9DPO/5 days before AF was due (the pregnancy before her that I lost), and 10DPO/4 days before AF was due (current pregnancy).

jessicaaris
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I have never used one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)