Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Babysitter... overkill?

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I are leaving our 15 week-old twins with a sitter for the first time ever to go to my brother's wedding and rehearsal dinner. My mother hired the sitter for us, who is the daughter of a long-time friend, who is my mom's hairdresser.

The girl is 15 years old and CPR certified. But, like any normal, red-blooded mother, I'm still nervous. Mostly because I've never left the boys with anyone but my parents or my husband's. I typed out all the instructions and information I think the sitter should have, but looking at it now, I feel like a crazy OCD paranoid bitch.

My list includes:

Basic information about the boys (with space to fill in what they will be wearing that day so she knows who is who), info about their susceptibility to diaper rash, what medications to give them if they need it and how much/how often, info about their feeding schedule/routine, sleep schedule/routine, asking her to give them tummy time, never to shake them, things that they enjoy, and that there should not be ANY visitors of any kind.

I also included all the phone numbers for my husband and I, my parents, emergency services, police, poison control, and pediatricians, and the address/phone number of the house.

Is this ridiculous? I felt like typing it out would be best so that she doesn't have to read my shit handwriting, and she has it all available in writing if she needed to refer back to it. But I feel like a crazy lady. Am I too paranoid? Or would you do this too? If so, is there any information I'm missing?

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for the input. For clarification, the wedding is adults-only, so we are not allowed to bring the boys or I totally would. It's either leave them with the sitter at my parents' house, or don't go to my baby brother's wedding :(

by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (41-41):
Nursecarley
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I did the exact same thing for my boy/girl twins when I started leaving them with the nanny. They need that information to fully care for your children. I truely believe it's better to be safe than sorry even if it does seem like overkill. So don't worry about it, you're a great mommy:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN