Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

teething solutions? update

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
We are cutting two teeth one top one bottom,both eye teeth. Teething tablets and tylonal currently used still a screaming 18 month old who is unhappy. Any idea please..

Second every time she cuts any teeth she puls at her ears, dr says no infection but has no idea why, ive read the nerves from her teeth can cause ear pain. Anyone else experience this? So want dd to feel better.

Gave her a half dose and she actually ate dinner and quit screaming, guess a dose wasnt enough for the pain. Thanks everyone, will look in to the necklacess.
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Teething tablets, cold things to chew on, clove oil... Those are all I use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Amber teething necklace. I swear by it. I got one for my daughter when she was almost 18 months old. She has cut a bunch of teeth since then, including molars, and is working on her eye teeth, and she has had absolutely no signs of teething. With her first front teeth before the necklace, she was drooly and cranky and whiny and miserable, so having none of that for these difficult teeth has been pretty amazing.

cowgirls10181
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM
She just took the teething tablets 20 ish minutes ago, she hates the clove oil, and threw the cold cloth back at me, hubby tried icecream but she just screamed, guess she wasnt screaming for icecream, lol.

Quoting Randi02:

cowgirls10181
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM
They sound wonderful but we cant afford to spend the extra on one currently.

Quoting CelestialSong:

Amber teething necklace. I swear by it. I got one for my daughter when she was almost 18 months old. She has cut a bunch of teeth since then, including molars, and is working on her eye teeth, and she has had absolutely no signs of teething. With her first front teeth before the necklace, she was drooly and cranky and whiny and miserable, so having none of that for these difficult teeth has been pretty amazing.

SerenityBerry
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

You can try ibuprofen, it is harder on the stomach but sometimes if you have been using tylonol the body gets to used to it and switching it up can be more effective. 

We also use those pacifier things with the mesh feeder bags on them, instead of using it for food we put ice cube or frozen fruit (like peach slices) in there for the girls to gnaw on, to numb the gums. 

cowgirls10181
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Ill pull them back out and give the mesh feeder and ice a try thanks.

Quoting SerenityBerry:

You can try ibuprofen, it is harder on the stomach but sometimes if you have been using tylonol the body gets to used to it and switching it up can be more effective. 

We also use those pacifier things with the mesh feeder bags on them, instead of using it for food we put ice cube or frozen fruit (like peach slices) in there for the girls to gnaw on, to numb the gums. 

kellysparkles
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I got mine on Amazon for only $7 :)

Quoting cowgirls10181:

They sound wonderful but we cant afford to spend the extra on one currently.

Quoting CelestialSong:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Where did you get the clove oil? Is it scented, or essential?

I forgot about the amber and hazelwood necklaces. I used them too :)

Quoting cowgirls10181:

She just took the teething tablets 20 ish minutes ago, she hates the clove oil, and threw the cold cloth back at me, hubby tried icecream but she just screamed, guess she wasnt screaming for icecream, lol.

Quoting Randi02:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out Hazelaid.com for baltic amber teething necklaces. They are around 20.00 & people swear by them. Ibuprofen lasts longer than Tylenol so thats a option too.

cowgirls10181
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
From the rx, when the dentist gave it to me, for my wisdom tooth dry socket.

Quoting Randi02:

Where did you get the clove oil? Is it scented, or essential?

I forgot about the amber and hazelwood necklaces. I used them too :)

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Quoting Randi02:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN