Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone from Arizona?? Need help relocating family

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone is from AZ? I need to move into a warm, dry climate for a son that has issues with allergies and the other has JRA so living in Indiana is awful for him and his joints. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. I have some cities that we are thinking of but we have never been there so we want to make sure we are taking our family somewhere safe. I have 8 children so safety and the schools are my top priority on top of the heat!! Thanks in advance : )

by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I'm not from there, we did live in Flagstaff when I was young though. I don't remember much about it expect that it was very beautiful! Good luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

No, not I

Bump!

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

No, not I

Bump!

alandou
by April on May. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I've never lived there. I've traveled there twice. First time I was in Yuma, AZ and that was VERY DRY AND HOTTTT. Like so hot the sun made a construction site catch on fire. I've been in Phoenix as well. I don't remember much about there except it was very pretty.

afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Yep I am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Do you know about these areas??? Surprise, Dewey,Maricopa,Kingman and Prescott

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Yep I am

jamiebell
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I do. I moved here last july from Chicago. Im in Peoria which is maricopa county. We are moving to surprise. Research your schools. The schools are horrible here. I did not know that before we relocated, az schools are the top 5 worse schools in the nation. They have lots of charter schools that are supposed to be better. Im very disappointed in the school wr are in now but super excited about the one in surprise that my kids will go to next year. I love AZ and do not regret my move but i wish i wld have researched schools better. Message me if you have any questions, id be happy to help. Ps my dh no longer takes his allergy meds that he had to take daily in il!
afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Surprise is a joke . Dewy I've never been to . Maricopa is a shit hole. Very low are . They are trying to fix it . Prescott is beautiful , peaceful great schools , shopping , there's so much to do there . Kingman is like Yuma only smaller . They have a high drinking underage issue do to the fact there is nothing to do and it's hot as hell

Quoting nickigoingon8:

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Yep I am

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamiebell
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Im about to move to surprise, why do you say that?! Ive been in Peoria for 8 months so im totally new to the state, but surprise seemed nice? What's youre feedback, do you mind giving more details?

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Surprise is a joke . Dewy I've never been to . Maricopa is a shit hole. Very low are . They are trying to fix it . Prescott is beautiful , peaceful great schools , shopping , there's so much to do there . Kingman is like Yuma only smaller . They have a high drinking underage issue do to the fact there is nothing to do and it's hot as hell

Quoting nickigoingon8:

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Yep I am

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in Tucson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)