Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

is it true?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

our birth to three teacher was here today. well she said only half of babies at 4 months can reach and grab ahold of toys and laugh or giggle. and less then half can crawl, sit up without support, have teeth or repeat sounds you make. im daughter can reach and grab her toys but only laughs or giggles a little bit. what were your babies doing at 4 months?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My son is 4 1/2, he rolls both ways and is working on crawling and grabs for things, mostly things to stuff in his mouth.  He doesn't have any teeth yet and just started laughing a few weeks ago.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
It's awful that I can't remember huh? They all are so unique and have such funny personalities. I wouldn't try and compare to others. You will drive yourself crazy.
angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM

This exactly lol. I do remember that my son was sitting and that he wasn't crawling but I have no idea when he started grabbing for toys. Lol

Quoting jridgill:

It's awful that I can't remember huh? They all are so unique and have such funny personalities. I wouldn't try and compare to others. You will drive yourself crazy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Raeann11
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
All my girls were different. Well beck they still are. Every child does thing at different times. I don't worry unless it is a really late delay.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Not much, scooting, rolling, batting at toys, had good head and body control, but not sitting by any means, that's way early for that or crawling.

bj305
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
My daughter. Had two teeth by 3 month she rolls. Ever start. Crawling backward.
mercedeslynn31
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM

my baby is 6 months and still has not rolled or tried to crawl but he laughs grabs his toys he has no teeth and he can almost sit up on his own 

LeilanisMom2012
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM

my daughter is 4 1/2 months.. shes reaching for things, laughing when i play with her, trying to sit up, but not rolling. The dr said she's a chunky little one so she might not roll as fast as others, but she makes tons of noises. Remember all babies are different though. Shes starting to teethe too  :/

alandou
by April on May. 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Honestly, I dont remember...
Blue_Spiral
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:52 AM

My son rolled over really early, like 2 months. He also started - what's it called? - cuising? reallyy early. By 5 months, I think. I could be exaggerating because my memory is bad, but I think I'm right. He sat up for the first time at 4 months.

By 4 months he laughed, but he couldn't repeat sounds. He always had trouble with that and is behind in his speech so I don't know how more verbal children progress with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)