Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby doing yoga! downward dog??!!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 25 Replies
So Delia is 8 mos and has been pulling up on stuff, and recently just started doing this pose when she's on all fours- she does like a downward dog yoga pose! Like she wants to stand but obv can't stand up by herself yet so she puts all her weight in her hands and her butt is in the air and her legs are like straight on her tippy toes! I can't really explain it. If you know what downward dog is that's the only way I can really explain it! What is this? Is she trying to stand?
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayleyrae90
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 8 months and has recently started doing that same thing. So cute. I think they are trying to stand. :)
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably trying to stand. My 13 month old does that when throwing a fit. He wants to lay his forehead on the floor to cry but wants to stay standing up. It's really cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My son did this as his version of crawling. I swear he crawled for like 2 weeks and then started walking. 

twogirl91
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM

My youngest started doing that once he started walking at 10months but he thinks it's funny to look through his legs at things. LOL

lauratupper
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

It's normal, I did it when I was little, my ds did it when he was littler, my newphew did it a lot too. My ds is 3 and still does it sometimes.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Ya I didnt think it was "abnormal" or anything- I was just curious as to what she is doing? Lol. Like just for fun or attempting to stand, etc..!?

Quoting lauratupper:

It's normal, I did it when I was little, my ds did it when he was littler, my newphew did it a lot too. My ds is 3 and still does it sometimes.

lauratupper
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

She could be, I meant normal as in it's just something the majority of kids do as they get a little older, sometimes just because they can lol

Quoting harajukumoma:

Ya I didnt think it was "abnormal" or anything- I was just curious as to what she is doing? Lol. Like just for fun or attempting to stand, etc..!?

Quoting lauratupper:

Owensmom1288
by Melissa on May. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My son starting doing that around 6 1/2 months old. My boyfriend's mother said he looked like he was practicing his yoga moves, lol! It was so cute!

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Aww! Thats very similar to what shes doing, just not as sturdy looking, lol! she just started doin it. Ya I was gonna try and get a pic of her doing it. If I do I'll post it!

Quoting Owensmom1288:

My son starting doing that around 6 1/2 months old. My boyfriend's mother said he looked like he was practicing his yoga moves, lol! It was so cute!

alandou
by April on May. 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM

might be trying to stand but definitely exploring her abilities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN