Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Recommendations on good convertible car seats????

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

At my son's 9 month check up today I was talking with the nurse about car seats and said the one he is in now is good up to 22 pounds, then she reminded about the height max. I didn't even think of that! When I left the appointment I checked the side of his seat and saw that the height max on his infant seat is 29 inches...he is currently 28 inches! I have a "big boy" seat for him that was given to us for  a shower gift and it is a really good one and I can't wait to use it but it is only a forward facing one. It will be good for him up to 100 pounds but I want to keep him rear facing until at least 2 years old so I need to get another seat for him to get him to that point. So now I have been looking around and am not sure what one would be realy good. I don't have a lot of money to spend on one but want to make sure my son is as safe as possible. Any recommendations on a good seat to use until he is big enough for the other seat I have for him?

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I love my graco mysize 70. Rf to 45 lbs and ff to 70.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

We have a Graco myride and like that. We also have a Britax Roundabout 50. Both have been good for us. We now mostly use out Graco Nautilus for both kids but the others are back ups for dad.

tyrelsmom
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM
On a lower budget I'd check out the Evenflo SureRide or Safety 1st Guide 65.
alandou
by April on May. 15, 2013 at 2:50 AM

DD has the Graco MyRide 65 and it's been very sturdy since she's had it, which has been around 3 years. She's never complained in it and I really believe she's much more comfortable in it than she ever was in her carrier. It's been worth the money in my opinion.

mommyajay
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Sorry mama it only rf to 40lbs

Quoting Eliots_momma:

mommyajay
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM
And overall height does not matter as long as he has one inch of hard shell of car seat over his head
Owensmom1288
by Melissa on May. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Right now his head is just about to the top of the seat, I think much longer he will be over it! So I'm going to have to get him a new one very soon!

Quoting mommyajay:

And overall height does not matter as long as he has one inch of hard shell of car seat over his head

VintageWife
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM

We have Myrides and Complete Airs.

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I do know it goes to 50"

Quoting mommyajay:

Sorry mama it only rf to 40lbs

Quoting Eliots_momma:

emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

at or under $100 would be the evenflo sureride or safety 1st guide 65, just over $100 would be the graco myride65 (in certain patterns) and the evenflo triumph65 (in certain patterns, others are closer to $150), closer to 200 would be the graco size4me70/headwise70(target)/mysize70(tru/bru)--probably the tallest option, some people have trouble tightening the straps once installed and the buckles sometimes are hard to undo at first but tend to loosen up in my experience, some of the Britax seats (very similar to the myride), safety 1st complete air65, some of the onsale radian seats, over that are more Britax seats, radian seats and the Chicco NextFit (would love it, but it's $300) and the Clek Foonf ($350+ depending on sales, store, pattern)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)