Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations on good convertible car seats????

Posted by   + Show Post

At my son's 9 month check up today I was talking with the nurse about car seats and said the one he is in now is good up to 22 pounds, then she reminded about the height max. I didn't even think of that! When I left the appointment I checked the side of his seat and saw that the height max on his infant seat is 29 inches...he is currently 28 inches! I have a "big boy" seat for him that was given to us for  a shower gift and it is a really good one and I can't wait to use it but it is only a forward facing one. It will be good for him up to 100 pounds but I want to keep him rear facing until at least 2 years old so I need to get another seat for him to get him to that point. So now I have been looking around and am not sure what one would be realy good. I don't have a lot of money to spend on one but want to make sure my son is as safe as possible. Any recommendations on a good seat to use until he is big enough for the other seat I have for him?

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-15):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I would returne the seat you got at the shower. It's sitting there wasting life. also, no sea harnesses to 100lbs. I would definitely get a long lasting convertible because your son should be ring for quite a while longer (think years). 

Owensmom1288
by Melissa on May. 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

The seat I got for the shower I can't wait to use so once he is safe enough to use it we will. It turns into a booster seat, that is why it is up to 100 pounds, sorry should have been more specific! Toddler use is 22-65 pounds and booster seat use is 30- 100 pounds. The height is 29- 57 inches. I know it will be good for him for years until he can safely sit in just a seat belt and that isn't for a long long time to come!

Quoting ceckyl:

I would returne the seat you got at the shower. It's sitting there wasting life. also, no sea harnesses to 100lbs. I would definitely get a long lasting convertible because your son should be ring for quite a while longer (think years). 

Owensmom1288
by Melissa on May. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I am going to look into all of them and see what one is best for us. It definitely helps narrow down all of the choices!

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

All seats have expiration dates though so if you received for a gift before he was born it is already close to if not over a year old if it only has a 6yr lifespan then he will only be around 5 which means not that long for use.  Which is why they suggested selling/returning it.

Quoting Owensmom1288:

The seat I got for the shower I can't wait to use so once he is safe enough to use it we will. It turns into a booster seat, that is why it is up to 100 pounds, sorry should have been more specific! Toddler use is 22-65 pounds and booster seat use is 30- 100 pounds. The height is 29- 57 inches. I know it will be good for him for years until he can safely sit in just a seat belt and that isn't for a long long time to come!

Quoting ceckyl:

gorgeousbaby
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I suggest you look at either the Chicco Nextfit or the Britax Marathon 70. The Nextfit is new on the market but people love it and its got some amazing features - here's an article that may help you out a bit http://mamasbabystore.com/chicco-nextfit/ The Britax marathon 70 is time tested. Its a top selling car seat and Britax is a top firm. Here is a good Britax Marathon 70 review

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)