Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going away this weekend, what do we need??

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

Yeah long weekend for us Canadians!! We are going to the trailer with our 6 month old and it is the first time we have gone away for more then 1 day. I do not know how much stuff I should be bringing with me. We tend to pack to much for ourselves, so I am sure we will do the same for our dd!!

Any suggestions on how many outfits to bring per day and any other things you may think we may need?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CelestialSong
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM

What do you use at home? How many outfits do you go through? How many diapers? Toys? Books? I'd just pack based on that plus some extras just in case.

huneebadger
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Sometimes 5 outfits, sometimes less!! I guess I could just take an average for each day. Any item you forgot while traveling that you wish you would have taken with you? Just thought of one a thermometer!

Quoting CelestialSong:

What do you use at home? How many outfits do you go through? How many diapers? Toys? Books? I'd just pack based on that plus some extras just in case.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

On trips, I bring two outfits for each day (one back up each), extra pajamas, and about double the amount of diapers that you think you might need...because it's always when you might not have enough that they have poop marathons.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Ditto for babywipes too!

Quoting Turtledoves:

On trips, I bring two outfits for each day (one back up each), extra pajamas, and about double the amount of diapers that you think you might need...because it's always when you might not have enough that they have poop marathons.

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose. Pregnant with our Rainbow Baby and due 12.12.13!

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Pack-n-play

diapers

wipes

bottles and formula (if you FF)

clothes

tylenol

rash cream

sunscreen

bug spray

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Camera

babyfood and spoons

extra clothes

bibs

toys

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Trailer like camping trailer? Pack and play for sleeping, bug spray (i spray in my hand and wipe on legs and hair/ears. Not on arms and face cuz they can rub it into their eyes.) baby sunblock. How ever many outfits she goes through a normal day plus one just in case. Same as diapers
huneebadger
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thanks I just bought spoons and need to wash them, I think I would have forgot them!!

Quoting aj_mom:

Camera

babyfood and spoons

extra clothes

bibs

toys

huneebadger
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Yes on the trailer and we are going to look for some natural bug spray and suntan lotion before we go. Thanks for the advice on putting the spray on!

Quoting sahmw2010:

Trailer like camping trailer? Pack and play for sleeping, bug spray (i spray in my hand and wipe on legs and hair/ears. Not on arms and face cuz they can rub it into their eyes.) baby sunblock. How ever many outfits she goes through a normal day plus one just in case. Same as diapers

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Where are you going? Have fun :) We are staying home for the long weekend. My kids are off school today and Monday but we are working on our garden and going for miniature donkey rides LOL

I would think about what you use in a day now, and bring a few extra outfits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)