Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Any homemade food makers?! HELP!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 22 Replies

My son is 9 months, he has been eating gerber foods but after researching I want to give him a healthier choice by making his food on my own. I researched the Baby Bullet & read nothing but bad reviews about it breaking too easily and a regular blender works just as good, if not better. I have ONE friend who makes her baby's food on her own so I wanted to get some more opinions from mom's who do the same. I have a blender so I don't want to go out and spend money on a baby food product unless its amazing lol.  How do you guys prepare your little ones foods & recipies would be nice also :)

by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Bump, I just gave real food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frillyflower
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I used a blender.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I just cut it up smaller. I did use a blender a few times but it tasted weird to me. Not as bad as jarred stuff, but weird. I don't like the idea of babies never having to chew their food. I usually just give the little ones the healthiest bits of whatever we're eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frillyflower
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Oh, and with our third we didn't even puree. We waited until she could "chew" little bits of soft food and started her on that. Even easier!
Jzm0mmy
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting polkaspots:

I just cut it up smaller. I did use a blender a few times but it tasted weird to me. Not as bad as jarred stuff, but weird. I don't like the idea of babies never having to chew their food. I usually just give the little ones the healthiest bits of whatever we're eating.

My son has 2 teeth & does pretty good with fruits if I squish them a little with my fingers, I do the same with what were eating cause he's at the stage where he sees mama with a plate & he wants some! I've squished up strawberries, watermelon & bananas with my fingers for him already & he did pretty good with it.
ceckyl
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM
If a baby can only eat puréed, they are not ready for food. We do real food.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

I start solids between about 7-10 months, and we start with things like chunks of salmon, edamame, avocado, banana, steamed veggies, baked chicken breast, baked sweet potato etc.
No purees or cereals, and my kids got their first tooth between 11.5-14 months.

Quoting ceckyl:

If a baby can only eat puréed, they are not ready for food. We do real food.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM
At nine months, he doesn't need to be eating all that much. Having him share with you a few times a day should be fine. My son eats anywhere from two to five times in a day. More when my older one (3yo) randomly gives him food without me noticing immediately.

Quoting Jzm0mmy:

Quoting polkaspots:

My son has 2 teeth & does pretty good with fruits if I squish them a little with my fingers, I do the same with what were eating cause he's at the stage where he sees mama with a plate & he wants some! I've squished up strawberries, watermelon & bananas with my fingers for him already & he did pretty good with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on May. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I used a blender or food processor for purees, but generally I'd just make the food into tiny pieces. :-)

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I just give real food, but I have a regular Bullet and I kind of like it. Haven't had any problems with it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)