Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Who do you allow to watch your baby...

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I have two boys. We are very rarely separated from them but on the occasion that we need a babysitter, we only ask immediate family. Basically, my sister or both sets of grandparents. Because we trust them completely.

Recently, people have been giving me a lot of  grief because I don't want to put my 1 year old in the church nursery. I may be odd and overprotective but I truly don't like my baby being cared for by people that I don't know all that well. It's just a little out of my comfort zone.

But since people keep commenting about my not trusting church nursery workers, it got me thinking...am I abnormally overprotective?

So I'm just wondering, who do you allow to watch your baby? Are you comfortable letting someone watch your LO when you don't know them that well?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM

That's not being overprotective at all because I am the same way.  The only people that I will leave my kids with are my mom, aunt, sister, and my best friend.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
alandou
by April on May. 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Only my parents and my SIL can watch her, but that is hardly at all. The preschool that she's been going to is in a church and they have special events like kid's day or parent's night out and they will watch the little ones who are certified. We haven't made it to one of those events yet, but we would feel comfortable leaving her with them.

KyBugsMommy815
by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Only my mom or my grandma watch DD. If anyone else were to watch her, I don't think I could relax while we were out.
Eliots_momma
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I'm the same way. Only family and definitely not mil
MommyOfOnee
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
No one yet, she's 16 months and I haven't left her with anyone yet. I have let my grandmother watch her at the doctors while I was in the doctors appointment, or my mom. I trust my parents (both sets, divorced) , fiances parents, grandparents on both sides but I'm just not ready. I get a lot of negative comments from family members but I am just not ready to leave her yet.
mommyto3121405
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM

umm my kids are older now but usually only close family. so's parents, grandma and sisters. they didnt stay for long periods until about 2

CafeMom Tickers

CatFishMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Screw that. I dont care if it's a church or not, Im not trusting strangers with my children. Frankly, it being a church gives me ZERO comfort, theyre human, as anyone else, and just as likely as anyone else to abuse or neglect your kids. (Not saying they would, only that just because it's a church nursery doesnt LESSEN the chances) No, my mother and one close friend are the only people I trust with my kids.

mamavalor
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Our kids are 12, 10, and 6 and we still don't trust people!  Only grandparents and aunts and uncles with kids are allowed to watch our kids.  If in an emergency, we would ask a very close friend with kids our kids like being with.

mommieof38829
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM
No One
Yogamom08
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM
No one has watched my 6 week old, and it will stay that way for a while. I only let my mom watch my 4 year old. MiL has watched him twice, but that's not going to happen again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)