Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Who do you allow to watch your baby...

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I have two boys. We are very rarely separated from them but on the occasion that we need a babysitter, we only ask immediate family. Basically, my sister or both sets of grandparents. Because we trust them completely.

Recently, people have been giving me a lot of  grief because I don't want to put my 1 year old in the church nursery. I may be odd and overprotective but I truly don't like my baby being cared for by people that I don't know all that well. It's just a little out of my comfort zone.

But since people keep commenting about my not trusting church nursery workers, it got me thinking...am I abnormally overprotective?

So I'm just wondering, who do you allow to watch your baby? Are you comfortable letting someone watch your LO when you don't know them that well?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
jessicaaris
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I trust my friends and family to watch them (I have a few close friends not 100 people I don't really care about). But as for other people? Not really. My kids are 6, 3 and 2. I am not ever really in a situation where I need them to be watched by someone who I don't know (for example church). But I did use to work in a church nursery and it did make it harder when the kids were very attached to their parents because they would cry and throw fits and not even enjoy the time in the nursery because they wanted their parents. And their parents were constantly worried too. But as a mother I can't say I blame you.

KamillesMommy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

NO ONE! Our church doesn't have a nursery so they stay with me the whole time. If I can't take/have my kids with me, we don't go!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

DH and I watch our children. In an emergency, my mom does.

SaraSnider
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
my mom is the only one to watch my babies.
Except when i had my 2nd and my dad watch my older one.
emilyelephant
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Usually SO's mom, my mom once in a while. I've left her with 2 different friends, but only for 20-30 minutes to pick SO up from work.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with a church nursery if I was pretty much in the next room. I haven't been able to work up the courage to get a babysitter though.

There are so many horrer stories about strangers, we have every right to be overprotective.

SerenityBerry
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Our girls are only baby sat by family usually the grandparents, occasionally my sister/her hubby/ their oldest daughter (who is 17) or my best friend's family  who I've been close with since middle school they are like a second family to me. 

So I don't think you are all that overprotective. 

Hi_Rae
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM
My parents, and in laws only
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Dd is 2 and we've never left her. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Grandparents.  I wouldn't put my son in a church nursery...he stays with me during church...that's how it should be.

Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Only family
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN