Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do you allow to watch your baby...

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I have two boys. We are very rarely separated from them but on the occasion that we need a babysitter, we only ask immediate family. Basically, my sister or both sets of grandparents. Because we trust them completely.

Recently, people have been giving me a lot of  grief because I don't want to put my 1 year old in the church nursery. I may be odd and overprotective but I truly don't like my baby being cared for by people that I don't know all that well. It's just a little out of my comfort zone.

But since people keep commenting about my not trusting church nursery workers, it got me thinking...am I abnormally overprotective?

So I'm just wondering, who do you allow to watch your baby? Are you comfortable letting someone watch your LO when you don't know them that well?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Replies (41-42):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I dont have family near by so i have my friends babysit for me. And love droppin them off in the church nursery
jamiebell
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom and the child care at th gym (and that's only cuz there are cameras so u can see them while you work out!) I dont use the child.care at church for my baby but i do for my older kids. I feel uncomfortable if they cant talk to tell me something happened. I just follow my heart, if im not comfortable, then i won't leave them. Always follow your instinct and what you're comfortable with, who cares what anyone else says or if you are being over protective, you are entitled to be those are your babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)