Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Car seat recommendations?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey all! My 5 month old DD is quickly outgrowing her infant car seat so we are now in the market for a new one that will [hopefully] last her a while. She's very tall and in the 90% percentil for height and I'm worried about how long she will be able to be rear-facing before her legs start to get crammed.

Right now we are looking at the Britax Pavillion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=JIBDgq9Hd8g&nomobile=1

And the Recaro Proride:

http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-ProRIDE-Convertible-Seat-Blue/dp/B003IT4YAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368993294&sr=8-1&keywords=recaro+proride+convertible+car+seat

Anyone use these or have another they recommend? Thanks ahead of time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
If she's tall then the brutal seats will be quickly out grown. I recommend The True Fit Premere (called Lamaze at Babies R Us). or the new Graco seat (Mysize), but some are having harness issues. Then there's the new Chicco Nextfit, but it's pricey. You could join the car seat safety group And they are certified technicians who can also help.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Stupid spell check......not "brutal" but Britax
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM

My 3 month old rides in the Britax Pavillion :) It's a great seat! All of my kids ride in Britax seats and I love them.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I agree with this, as well.

My 6.5 and 5 year olds both made it to almost 4 years old rear facing in the True Fit. They are tall and skinny, so it worked perfectly for them since that seat only RF to 35lbs.

Quoting rHOPEb:

If she's tall then the brutal seats will be quickly out grown. I recommend The True Fit Premere (called Lamaze at Babies R Us). or the new Graco seat (Mysize), but some are having harness issues. Then there's the new Chicco Nextfit, but it's pricey. You could join the car seat safety group And they are certified technicians who can also help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)