Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How long does the belly take to go away?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 25 Replies

My first child is almost 6 months old, and I have about 20 lbs left to lose. I don't have a lot of free time, so I can't go to the gym or do any extensive working out. I try to get out and walk if the weather is nice with my little guy in his stroller. I don't eat like crap, but I'm going to try to eat better. My stomach looks like it did in the beginning of my pregnancy. Nothing fits me. I went out trying to shop for a cute summer dress I can wear out and after visiting 6 stores and trying on countless styles, nothing fit me right so I ended up having a breakdown in Dress Barn and crying to the sales woman. I feel so disgusting and unattractive.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbyann
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm at 8 months and in the same boat. The loose skin is more of a problem for me. I can fit, but have a skirt over my pants lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esengbusch
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Yeah that's another thing, the loose skin. :(

Mama110981
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Ditto to u both. They say the skin will strech back in time. They lie.
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine never went away..lol.. Everytime I would lose 20 pounds I would end up prego again so after 4 girls, born in 2006, 2009,2010 and 2011 I have given up trying to lose weight.. I dont think your body will ever 100% go back to the way it was..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esengbusch
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Wonderful!

Kimbyann
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet you're not unattractive. Just attractive in a different way. I'm frustrated with the clothes also, but loving my body. There's a good side somewhere. In my case, I was a skinny size 2-4 with no breasts or butt and I love that now I'm shaped like a woman. I feel more adult now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
To_the_moon
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM
My dd is almost 6 months old and I feel the same way. I try to take two walks a day with dd in her stroller and as I walk I do lunges, squats and sometimes I jog... I've lost a good amount of weight but I still have 30 lbs to go!
lauratupper
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

It takes time, it depends on lots of things specific to your own body. Just give it time and keep working at it.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I'm sure you look great :-)

How you body acts after pregnancy is so individual for every woman! I'm no model to begin with, not by a long shot, so my "normal" might be your worst nightmare. But every pregnancy I watch what I eat to keep my gaining under control and maintain my exercise, so my body goes right back to how it was before pretty much immediately.
But it's also pretty normal to take 6 month or a year to get back to normal. If you don't exercise, your tummy might never firm back up.
Either way, don't be so hard on yourself :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I gained about 50-60 lbs with my first son and even if I did hard core exercise I could never get my belly back. My belly looks like a tiger scratched it up. My ods will be 18 in August.

Just remember, it took 9 months to gain that weight and may take at least that much and then some to get back to pre pregnancy weight.
I started out at 118 before babies, and I'm just now getting down under 160, 2 kids later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN