Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Scary night last night!

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and last night SO and I were watching a movie and I started having REALLY painful contractions only a couple minutes apart. It scared the crap out of both of us and he took me into L&D. They kept me there for a few hours and had to give me medicine to slow down the contractions. I've had a lot of braxton hicks contractions before but these felt different. They checked my cervix and said I wasn't dialated but that it was soft, and other than that everything was okay and the baby was moving a ton. I wasn't dehydrated but they gave me fluids anyway, medicine to stop the contractions, and when they started slowing down they sent me home because I was really uncomfortable with the IV in my hand and really tired because it was after 3 am by the time we left. I got home and went to bed and had a couple contractions that woke me up or made me cry in my sleep and SO woke me up because it scared him. After a few hours of uncomfortable sleep I finally passed out enough to sleep until about 11 today, and today has been much better I've only had a handful of contractions since I woke up this morning. They told me to be on bed rest so I've been in bed all day.

Has anybody had a scare similar to this? And is my cervix being soft something to worry about?

by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM

(((hugs))) hope everything is ok.

daisybaby91
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Thank you! Little baby boy is okay just scared the crap out of me! Its not time for him to be born yet I want him to be big and healthy!

Quoting lauratupper:

(((hugs))) hope everything is ok.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 20, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Stay in bed, lay on your left side and drink plenty of fluids. If you have anymore contractions, time them and write them down. Even if they are little ones. How long each one was for and how far apart it was from the one before.
Don't do anything that doesn't require life sustaining things. Don't stand for longer than it takes to take a shower.
daisybaby91
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM
That seems like a good idea I think I will start a contraction journal.
This is all scary to me I can't shake the feeling that he's going to come early! I want him to be a big healthy full term baby :/

Quoting Junebaby18:

Stay in bed, lay on your left side and drink plenty of fluids. If you have anymore contractions, time them and write them down. Even if they are little ones. How long each one was for and how far apart it was from the one before.

Don't do anything that doesn't require life sustaining things. Don't stand for longer than it takes to take a shower.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 20, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Quoting daisybaby91:

Also make sure you stay on pelvic rest (aka no sex) until you are completely contraction free. Have your SO (or a good friend) do laundry, cooking etc until contractions completely stop.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Oh, and next time you have to go to the hospital, stay as long as possible and ignore the pain of the IV. It's better to have baby inside right now growing than coming way too early and being in the NICU for months. You can always sleep later.
jessicaaris
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Oh man that is scary. I have never experienced that, sorry.

alandou
by April on May. 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I haven't had an experience like that but I'm sure it would be really scary! Hope you feel better soon and stay rested!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

((Hugs))

nickigoingon8
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

This happened to me with my last one, but I was 26 weeks and 2 cm dialated. I was put on bed rest but couldn't really stick to itbecause there were 6 other children I had to take care of. I ended up having her at 35 weeks and she stayed in NICU for 8 days and is healthy and happy now : ) Just take it easy, drink lots and lots of water and try to stay calm!! Good Luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)