Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Elimination Communication (EC)...

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 31 Replies
What are your opions on (EC) for newborns and infants? Diaperfreebaby.com
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM
It's not for me or our family, but it's great if it works for you and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MABmommy
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Maybe after 18 months. I don't think it's worth trying before then. JMO
Sami_Mama_4
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM
We will be cloth diapering but I was looking up PT tips for my 18 month old and came across this and was kinda wowed I've never heard of it.
geekymom08
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Its great with a toddler (before age 2) who is ready to start potty training. However, if you are doing it to an infant, you are just training yourself to put them on a potty to potty... not training the baby.

It works for some families.... but not for everyone.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I dont have time to. We are always on the go. Potty training my toddler was hard enough with always being on the go
1CrazyCajun
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Geekymom. In a newborn, you're training yourself, not the baby. JMO

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

LavenderMom23
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I know a woman with several children that do it, and my college text says its real and common other countries...but I think I will not be holding a newborn, an infant, up to toddler over a potty or (some crazies a sink!) every few minutes for over a year just to hope that he/she will never get used to a diaper and form a habit from birth.

abra
by Abra on May. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I agree with this. I just wait until they are ready. Part of being a mom means changing diapers and I don't mind it.

Quoting geekymom08:

Its great with a toddler (before age 2) who is ready to start potty training. However, if you are doing it to an infant, you are just training yourself to put them on a potty to potty... not training the baby.

It works for some families.... but not for everyone.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It's not something I would ever be willing to do personally.

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I never heard of doing this.  It does sound interesting, but it's something not for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)