Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use a regular audio monitor or a video monitor for your LO?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you use a regular audio monitor or a video monitor?

Options:

Audio monitor

Video monitor

Both

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

just an audio one

mama2gg
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I have both and never used each one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on May. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I had both kinds just for piece of mind but I rarely used them. I sold them.

xixCandyxix
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Neither. We live in a HUGE apartment, BUT their room is right across the hall from mine & I just leave the doors open at night. Although a video monitor is better. An audio monitor, you're not going to know if your baby stops breathing or something...Because there would be no noise from that.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Neither. I had an audio one and never used it so I gave it to someone else.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I use an Angelcare...won't ever use anything else. I never really understood the point of the video ones...I mean I know you can hear the baby but what's the point of the video lol are you going to stay up all night long watching them? I have a friend who loves hers...I just wouldn't buy one.  :0)

Raeann11
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Only time I used a audio one was when I was out in the garden or mowing the lawn. Either because I was home alone or hubby was outside with me helping.

AshleyOh7
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the video for nap time and if I'm up at night when he isn't. My lo will wake up and start moving around without making a sound, so it's nice to be able to see him instead of just having to listen for him (and not hear him until he's been up a while!).

Also, we can connect it to our phones, so my dh (who works long hours) can check on the baby sometimes. That wasn't really a selling point for me, but it's a cute perk.

Quoting Larsbug:

I use an Angelcare...won't ever use anything else. I never really understood the point of the video ones...I mean I know you can hear the baby but what's the point of the video lol are you going to stay up all night long watching them? I have a friend who loves hers...I just wouldn't buy one.  :0)

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't use either. We cosleep so I can always hear and see him
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I only use a video monitor. My daughter is a little sneak and will wake up from nap without making any noise and start getting in trouble. If I can't see her, I can't trust that she's not in danger. Nap time is when I get the bulk of chores and such done so I use mine every day. We're also in a three story house with very steep stairs, since DD can now open doors I wouldn't want her unleashed on the house without me there (doors only lock from one side as they're make shift.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)