Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

welcome to the digital age

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this
Just looking at the wonderful photos of all these sweet sleeping babies reminds me of just how much things have changed

My first son was born today 24th May 1988

When he was born we had little money so was only able to buy one roll of wet film to take photos of him at birth

The film had to last a month so we could take photos of my step sons 4th birthday in the June

We really don't have that many photos of my sons Think we have a photo album for every year

Family and friends had to wait until we could post photo to them
So it was weeks before family or friends got to see the boys

All change when we got our first digital camera just before my now ten year old was born

Hubby was able to take as many photos as the camera could hold plus phone
He went to Asda and with in four hours all our family and friends with computers had a photo of her
Better still when my now 3 year old was born I was sending phone photos to everyone with in second of her birth

We have hundreds of photos now
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RedheadMama18
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I love my digital camera and phone!  The same with my son who was born in February.  Took a picture right away and sent it to family and posted it to Facebook.  

abra
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM

:-) 

la_bella_vita
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Interesting : ) I love being able to snap photos as needed.

jessicaaris
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I literally have thousands of photos of my kids (oldest is 6). But I remember when I was a kid we hardly ever had pictures taken of us at home. And I am just 27.

angela.bouchard
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Interesting : ) I love being able to snap photos as needed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM

It's definitely fun to have such easy access to pictures now! I don't have any pictures of when I was a baby (I was born in 1988) but my daughter gets pictures taken of her almost every single day! Everything she does gets recorded. She'll have lots to look back on.

alandou
by April on May. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Times change so rapidly and I'm curious to see what the future holds for my DD.

MinglingMom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

It really is kind of fascinating when you think about it. One day we'll be sitting and telling our kids stories like this...

"Back in my day, cameras used something called film and you had to fill it up, which was about 32 photos, then wait a few hours or, in some cases, DAYS to get it developed before anyone could see anything." lol. They'll NEVER believe us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)