Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash on thighs

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son is 10mos. He doesn't crawl.....He Scooter on his hiny! We played outside yesterday for a long time n he scooted all over yard. Now he has bad rash on legs today. I did not let him in grass today. What should I put on it? It doesn't seem to bother him and it wasn't there last night when he got a bath. I use Eucerin cream lotion for all over him daily. Thanks for the help!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mauramomma
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Depends on what the rash is from... Is it the abrasion from scooting? Sun burn? Allergic reaction?
rHOPEb
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Looks like allergic reaction to grass. He's been scooting for 4mos or more with no issues. He is napping n I don't have pic.

Quoting Mauramomma:

Depends on what the rash is from... Is it the abrasion from scooting? Sun burn? Allergic reaction?
Mauramomma
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Hmm, I would poke around on the web md site and compare photos... It could be from the grass itself, or something in the grass ... Ie: pest asides, leaves from other plants that may have fallen into the yard. Of course any time you are concerned, I would give a consulting nurse a call, or his doctor on what they might recommend. Also it is possible the lotion you are using could be affecting him now.... It's hard to say, babies are growing and adapting to the world around them.... Wish I could be more help :)
abra
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. You might want to give him an oatmeal bath (which should help with the itchiness and inflammation). 

Quoting Mauramomma:

Hmm, I would poke around on the web md site and compare photos... It could be from the grass itself, or something in the grass ... Ie: pest asides, leaves from other plants that may have fallen into the yard. Of course any time you are concerned, I would give a consulting nurse a call, or his doctor on what they might recommend. Also it is possible the lotion you are using could be affecting him now.... It's hard to say, babies are growing and adapting to the world around them.... Wish I could be more help :)

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

lauratupper
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I use coconut oil for anything like that on my ds.

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If its allergy I would try Benadryl cream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)