Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When can you. ..?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
Take a bath after having a baby?

Go swimming after having a baby?

My baby girl is 2 weeks old today. I have stopped bleeding and would love to take a long hot bath and take my other kids swimming. I have never healed up this quickly with the others so I never gave it much thought before.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
6 weeks, once the doctor clears you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salem2012
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I think it's 6 weeks

Lillysmommy0113
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM

i was told 2 weeks for short baths and 4-6 weeks before a long one. 6 weeks before swimming just to be safe. thats what my doctor told me.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I was told I could take sitz baths in the tub with 2-3 inches of water when I got home and 2 weeks later for regular baths
lauratupper
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I would wait until after my six weeks check up just to be safe.

abra
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

this

Quoting DACIA79:

I was told I could take sitz baths in the tub with 2-3 inches of water when I got home and 2 weeks later for regular baths

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I was told 2 weeks for baths.   Never thought about swimming though since I had my little one December.

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Don't remember lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMRios
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Did you have a c- section? If so you need to at least wait 2 weeks and make sure someone is home to help you incase you can not get out... Do not take a long hot bath but a short one is okay... :) On the swimming side... I would for sure wait a little longer... You are the only one in the bath if you bleed or something but in a pool... People would freak... You also don't need to be in there long enough to get a good swim in... Get in the tub, soak for a minute, rinse and hop out! Congrats on the baby!

la_bella_vita
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Once your doctor clears you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)