Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping on her stomach

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 24 Replies

My 7 month old keeps turning onto her stomach while in bed and will not stay on her back. We were told that it is best for her to sleep on her back. Should we have any concern with her sleeping on her stomach at this age?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peachy34500
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
She will be fine, at 7 mths you can't really stop her because she rolls on her own... just make sire there aren't alot of blankets by her ... my son only sleeps on his tummy and has been since about 3 mths old.. he is now 11 mths and just fine
huneebadger
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Thanks there are no loose blankets, we put her in a sleep sack. She was sleeping through the night from 7pm-9am for 5 months and has been getting up more often now and turning over a lot more. I guess we can't complain as we have had it good for 5 months!!

Quoting Peachy34500:

She will be fine, at 7 mths you can't really stop her because she rolls on her own... just make sire there aren't alot of blankets by her ... my son only sleeps on his tummy and has been since about 3 mths old.. he is now 11 mths and just fine

To_the_moon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope! Mine always turned onto her tummy even when she was just a few weeks old and she did just fine. I stopped putting her on her back to sleep when she started choking on her spit up, I was glad I went and checked on her when I did.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Chelsey191
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Ds slept on his tummy since he was 6 weeks.
BlueJane
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Once they can roll then it's fine. You can't tie her down! Some babies prefer their tummies. Both mine did as did I when I was a baby.
Action_Jaxon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. ds is will be 7mo next week and he tummu sleeps. sometimess wiyh his butt straight up in the air :) they cam turn their head or roll over if they need to.
huneebadger
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thanks, we are paranoid first time parents! They scared us so much at the hospital saying they need to be on their backs and should not sleep with blankets or stuffed toys!

Quoting BlueJane:

Once they can roll then it's fine. You can't tie her down! Some babies prefer their tummies. Both mine did as did I when I was a baby.

mama-smurf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
All my kids slept on their tummys from 1 week and on
LillyJDv3.0
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be worried. My 8 month old rolls all over the place but prefers his tummy. He has mostly slept on his tummy since he was 3 months old.

CafeMom Tickers
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Both my boys did that too. As long as she is rolling on her own you don't need to worry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)