Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Different bedtime for summer?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do your LO's have (or will they have) a different bedtime during the summer? My kids are having a hard time sleeping at their normal bedtime because its still kind of bright out, even with blinds and curtains. Do you allow your child to stay up later in the summer?

sleep

by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2my2boys
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
school yr bed time is 9-9:30 summer bed time will be no later then10 if i dont keep them on schedule come time to go back to school and my youngest to start school first time, they will fight me my boys are 7 & 4 And my daughter who wont be in school for a few years is already on her own schedule and is in bed before 9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

no, ds has the same bedtime

AMRios
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Bedtime during the school year is 7:30 at our house but during the summer they can stay up as late as they want... We LOVE sleeping in during the summer...
eztwins
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Same year round but we are more relaxed about it in the summer. If home doing nothing its the same but we won't rush home if we are doing something.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Nope 7-8 pm because even when the stay up late they are usually up around 6 am:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting lauratupper:

no, ds has the same bedtime

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Just 30 minutes later

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
In the weekend they stay up at camp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

my 4 year old will. since preschool is out for the summer, i know he will not be so tired. baby will sleep whenever he's tired.

KamillesMommy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Sometimes they stay up later if we are doing something.They both have blackout curtains so no problems with it being too light.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN