Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat Question PIOG

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am in the market for a new convertable carseat and have narrowed it down to two:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12789167&searchURL=false#goto-top-of-page

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360517&prodFindSrc=search

Does anyone have either of these? Likes? Dislikes?

Thanks!

by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

is there some reason you want a 3-in-1 seat?  regardless of what 3-in-1 seat you get, at some point you will have to buy a booster and there are generally much better convertible options if you don't want the 3-in-1 part.  That said, I have a Symphony 65 and I love it, it's not as tall rear facing as the myride or the evenflo triumph 65, but my 2.25 year old is 35.5in tall and 25lbs and is rear facing on the lowest headrest position, and she's not got a short torso either. I would look at the graco size4me70/mysize70(tru/bru)/headwise70(target) or the Chicco Nextfit personally.  I have heard that the graco seats have sticky buckles, but I find that they loosen as you use them and in the end aren't a real bad problem.  There's also the evenflo sureride to look at.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Of those two the Evenflo is the better one, IMO. It's the only 3 in 1 that makes a good, although short, booster. The smart seat is BEASTLY heavy. Which when LATCH rules change in January will mean you can barely use it with LATCH.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Between those I'd go with Evenflo. Love that company!!!! The Surekid is another option by Evenflo. What about True Fit Premeire?
Aydnsmommy
by on May. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I would look at the Graco size 4 me. I have that seat for dd and my ds can ride it it cofortably at 43 pounds and 43 inches with room to still grow!!!

MommySwiggles
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I would stay away from the 3 in 1 seats and get a strictly harnessing convertible instead. 3 in 1s tend to be short shelled and don't last nearly as long as they make it seem. Plus they usually make poor booster fits when the time comes. Boosters are not expensive and you will get more bang for your buck with a traditional convertible seat.
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM

If those are the only options, I'd go with the Symphony.  But I wouldn't even do that, if I were the one purchasing it.  It has a pretty short shell compared to a lot of other seats, which means you can't use it for as long.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Neither! Those are two brands I would never buy.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm waiting to send my smart seat back to graco. The straps frayed. I liked the seat but its hard to buckle. I won't be getting another. The idea is taking the seat out to clean and not have to reinstall was the selling point for me....but it's being replaced with something else.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm getting the Evenflo Sureride DLX.
It's rfing to 40lbs and 37in and ffing to 65 and 54in. I trust Evenflo. I have an Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX that is rfing to 35lbs and forward faces to 50 lbs and 50in(you don't rethread the harness so it will fit any height to 50in even rfing which I like.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I actually prefered the Graco buckles to the Evenflo ones. We had a graco infant seat and then the MR65 and after switched to an Evenflo SecureKid.. I couldn't stand the harness or buckle at first! Still prefer the Graco one.

Quoting emkirkley:

is there some reason you want a 3-in-1 seat?  regardless of what 3-in-1 seat you get, at some point you will have to buy a booster and there are generally much better convertible options if you don't want the 3-in-1 part.  That said, I have a Symphony 65 and I love it, it's not as tall rear facing as the myride or the evenflo triumph 65, but my 2.25 year old is 35.5in tall and 25lbs and is rear facing on the lowest headrest position, and she's not got a short torso either. I would look at the graco size4me70/mysize70(tru/bru)/headwise70(target) or the Chicco Nextfit personally.  I have heard that the graco seats have sticky buckles, but I find that they loosen as you use them and in the end aren't a real bad problem.  There's also the evenflo sureride to look at.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)