Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leg chafing?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so I've been out of cafemom for a really long time, but I'm not sure who else to ask lol. My 18 month old son has developed this chafing rash thing on the insides of his thighs and it so painful he cries when I change his diaper and he walks funny :( We just got a sand box so hes been playing there alot the last few days but always gets cleaned up really well after so I hope thats not whats causing this? Any ideas what might be causing it or how I can relieve him of some of the pain??? 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Zazayam
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

It's not just from the diaper rubbing him funny or anything? Is sand getting in his little creases?

krbooth
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hes been in the same size diapers for a few months now, i dont know why they would all of a sudden start rubbing funny. He gets wiped down after coming in fromthe sand box to make sure he doesnt have sand in anything. 

Quoting Zazayam:

It's not just from the diaper rubbing him funny or anything? Is sand getting in his little creases?

Zazayam
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Dunno, poor guy :(

Hope you get it figured out!

Quoting krbooth:

Hes been in the same size diapers for a few months now, i dont know why they would all of a sudden start rubbing funny. He gets wiped down after coming in fromthe sand box to make sure he doesnt have sand in anything. 

Quoting Zazayam:

emkirkley
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

it could just be from the diaper or from the sand or both, put baby powder on him when you come in from the sand to make sure none of it sticks to him and to provide a little protection, you can put it on a few times a day as well.

emkirkley
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

http://www.powderpouch.com/about

or buy or make some of these

May-mom
by on May. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My son had some chafing on and off before we switched to cloth, maybe its the chemicals in the diapers if its not the sand? Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)