Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sweating baby

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
My baby is a heater, but lately he has been sweating more and more when he sleeps. It doesnt matter if hes in a onsie, pjs, wrapped in a blanket, or not. He starts sweating and u can see the beads of sweat all over his forehead and face. I dont recall my other two doing this, but i know my hubby sweats a little when he sleeps. Is this normal?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Yeah. Some are just sweaters. Henry sweats really bad when he sleeps. Even to the point of heat rash. He doesn't wear any pjs.
brittany208
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

what do you keep the temperature at at night? doesnt sound like you are dressing him too warmly

937mrsweaver
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Im no help, my LO is a sweater too! but not when he sleeps

polkaspots
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
It is normal. My body temperature goes way up when I sleep, and ds is like that too. It sucks in the summer because we have to have the ac or fan on or he just won't sleep. In the warm weather I wipe him down with a cool wet washcloth before bed and then again in the morning when he wakes up. It helps. We also both get heat rashes. Coconut oil is good for that, but I can tell you from personal experience that having anything on my skin when I go to sleep makes me even hotter, so I only use it during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Some kids sweat more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Yep, my youngest is a sweaty little thing. The older boys were never like that, lol.

sahmw2010
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
House stays at 70 year round. I wrap him in a light-weight blanket and rock him to sleep at bex time (only way he falls asleep.) then once he os out i unwrap him and lay him down with the blanket no higher then his belly, if i remove blanket, he wakes up. Its a light "receiving blanket"

Quoting brittany208:

what do you keep the temperature at at night? doesnt sound like you are dressing him too warmly

bubblemama2164
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

yes it is normal for some babies to sweat in their sleep it has something to do with their sleep cycle the doc told me i asked about it when my oldest ds was little

Remember God Works in Mysterious ways and May God bless you everyday
la_bella_vita
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Yes, my son did the same, I kept a fan close by, not blowing on him but enough that some air got to him

iansmommy9
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM

When DS was 2 or 3 months old, I would have to give him 3 baths a day so he wouldn't smell. One in the morning, one midday and another at night. He's almost 3 now and doesn't sweat as bad when he's sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)