Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Allergies??

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
My son is almost 4 months now and he's got red watery eyes, goobers in his eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, some coughing and no fever. I really don't know what's going on with him or what I can do for him. I did contact the doctor on call and he said that it sounds like the start of a cold which doesn't sound right to me.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mkm6612
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
It could be a cold or upper respiratory infection. My 2 month old started with just a stuffy nose and low temp (99.6-100.1). A week later the coughing and eye drainage started. I took him to the doctor and he did not have a fever (98.1). He said he had a healing ear infection and bronchiolitis. Eight hours later his temp had shot up to 102.3. After two nights in the hospital, IV antibiotics, blood & urine culutres, he was diagnosed with RSV. Unfortunately when they are that little, things sometimes come on so quick. I wasn't worried at first with my little one because he was eating, sleeping and content. I only took him to the doctor because I didn't like his cough. After the appointment he stopped eating and got worse so quick. He had been fighting something for a lot longer then i thought. It has been a week and he is still not completely better. RSV is viral so the only thing the antibiotics helped were his eyes and ears. We just have to let the virus run its course. You will just have to watch for a fever until you can get a doctor to check him out. I always take my kids to the doctor if I am at all concerned because at least he will know what is going on if things get worse. I'd rather be safe.
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Cold or allergies. Post nasal.

All you can do really is saline and bulb.
AviannasMama
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

When myDD was maybe 6 months old we thought she had allergies and our dr said babies can't get allergies. They have to be exposed to one allergy season before showing signs of allergies the next. So it's probably a cold?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)