Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible Labor?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

I haven't had any of the normal signs of labor and since this pregnancy has been so different than the last i'm at a loss here.

while it doesn't hurt, i keep having frequent feelings of pressure, like the baby is trying to get out, but also pushing up into my rib cage.  I'm keeping hydrated and even made myself eat all meals today even though i feel severely nausiated.

I tried to look online if nausia is a symptom of labor but every article that lists it doesn't mention it.

I see the doctor friday should i bring it up then or call her earlier?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM

If it IS labor, you'll know soon enough. LOL  Things will progress.  If they don't, then it's not.  Vomiting is a sign of labor, but nausea doesn't always come with that vomiting.  It's pretty spontaneous.

bookwormmom2
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Sounds like braxton hicks contractions....i had them for almost 2 months before I had my first and about a month before my second
bookwormmom2
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Call earlier if it gets worse it you just want to know
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM
How far along are you?
LoveMyBaby1913
by on May. 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM

i was feeling nausiated and then spantaniously had dry heaving, with some pressure and pains in my tummy thinking i was in labor went to labor and delivery they put some fluids in me and it made the pain go away they said it was because i was dehydrated even though i had been sipping water all morning, after i left i was back 4 hours later pushing out my baby lol so you might just be dehydrated, and if u go in they may give you fluids which really do help with the pain. But If pains get worse i would definantly call labor and delivery, it's okay to call and explain it to them and see what they think.

rhiannon0207
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM

i'm 36 weeks and 4 days

Earlier i thought it was dehydration and upped my liquids intake. I feel better this morning, but i'm noticing contractions, they're just not timable or anything yet.  I guess only time will tell

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I went into labor at 36 weeks but my first sign was the mucus plug and then the water broke two days after. Sounds to me like your having Braxton hicks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannon0207
by on May. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM

i've been having braxton hicks for the past month.  These are just stronger, they're just not timable.  Dr. said unless they're timable just keep drinking water and keep and watch them

To_the_moon
by on May. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
It wouldn't hurt to call
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)