Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 month old

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 18 Replies

What and how much do u feed ur 6 month old..Now its time to add babyfood and  am having a hardtime.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I started giving dd one small jar a day. We started with veggies and we gave it to her at dinner.
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Her diet is still mostly formula. However I am slowly introducing other food to her. I have several jars of baby food. Fruit and veggies and give her one jar a day. She will usually only eat a few bites at a time so it takes her whole day to go thru whole jar.
3hearts3
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM

How much formula are they taken??

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Look into baby led solids, let her feed herself and she'll know how much she needs. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I can't remember but it wasn't much at first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandamom1
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I started out with about half a jar for breakfast and then at dinner. I slowly increased it when she showed that she wanted more. Now she has some baby food and moving on to finger foods
To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Keira will be 6 months old next week and I've already started her on solids (Dr's orders). She's a tiny little thing but could eat 10 bottles a day so her doctor said to start her on rice cereal, then try baby oatmeal and if she did well with both start introducing baby food one flavor at a time just incase she has an allergic reaction you know what food caused it. I make dd's food as well, it's cheaper than the stuff you can get from the store.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Zazayam
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Mine just hit 7 mo's and doesn't really eat the jar foods. I tried giving her a couple, and I'm sure she would have gotten used to it and decided she liked them, but I just let her feed herself.

She LOVES cooked carrots, they're her favorite. Also banana, avocado, mango, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, apple (in a little mesh feeder), um... Honestly whatever fruit or veggie I'm having I just give to her, and lately I've been giving her little bits of meat also.

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM

this :)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Look into baby led solids, let her feed herself and she'll know how much she needs. :)

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Milo is 6 months And not started food. He is not sitting up yet. We do baby led solids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)