Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon did you have sex after baby?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 28 Replies

Just wondering when you guys decided to have sex PP. I'm 4 weeks and really want to (with b.c. obviously haha). Is it too soon? I didn't tear at all during labor and I'm not bleeding anymore

by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

7-8 weeks... My midwife said I could as soon as I felt up to it... but I definitely didn't feel up to it before then!

Keep in mind that you can stop bleeding and begin again anytime during the 6 weeks after delivery.  

twogirl91
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

With my first I had a vaginal birth, but my husband left for basic training 10days later so we didn't have sex until I was 12 weeks PP, my second I had a c-section and we had sex 3weeks PP.....I could help myself. lol They say to wait 6 weeks, but I think different people's body heal differently, i would just go really slow and make sure there is enough communication and he knows to stop if it's hurting or something. 

I would also like to add after my first I had two tears, when my husband and I had sex for the first time I started bleeding and bled for 2 days after and was really sore. 

Octobersmom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM

6 weeks but I was almost torn completely open from front to back.  My CNM made me swear, twice and in front of my husband, that I wouldn't have any sexual contact there for the full 6 weeks and then only after she gave me the okay.

To_the_moon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Dh and I tried 4 weeks PP but I had stitches down there and we ripped them all which hurt like hell. I ended up having to get re-stitched and we had to wait even longer for sex :/. But if you don't have stitches down there and didn't tear then I think you'll be fine.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
First 4 weeks, too soon, didn't have sex for another month.

Second 8 weeks.

Third 3 months, I had no interest at all.

I had c-sections with all three.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I had csections but I waited the 6 weeks with my first and we waited about 3 weeks with my second.  

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

we waited til 7 weeks and it still hurt pretty bad but i had a 2nd degree tear. id wait a couple more weeks.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on May. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

We had sex 15 days pp. I was no longer bleeding and my stitches had dissolved.

jessicaaris
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM
It was about 4 weeks with each child. I felt healed enough and wasn't bleeding anyway.
ARIAandME
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM

It was 3 weeks after, I also had a vaginal birth but I didn't tare at all. It did hurt though because my cervix was still enlarged. It felt like being a virgin again really, I did do it again after that but only like 2 times until my six weeks was up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)