Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: When are women less fertile after having a child Or...

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

When are women less fertile after having a child? Or I should say normally fertile if that makes sense?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Well you're most fertile the first couple months after giving birth. If you're breastfeeding every 2-3 hours then once your period starts you can consider yourself fertile but it's best to be cautious. If you're not breastfeeding consider yourself fertile the second you give birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM

According to the Creighton Model of fertility charting, women aren't fertile for 56 days after giving birth (8 weeks).

Once your period starts, your cycle has restarted.

Have you ever noticed cervical fluid before? (It is sort of like egg whites?) When you see this (feel it, really, when you wipe) it is an indication you are ovulating. If you are intersted, you should check out the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wershler. 

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

ARIAandME
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Well idk if this is a TMI but my fiance wants to start using the "pull-out" method because of course it feels better than using a condom. I am also on birthcontrol. Ik your more likely to get pregnant after you have a child so I am scared to do that. Even though I am on birthcontrol. 

twogirl91
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

We used only the pull out method and Natural Family planning between my first and second son, it worked and when my son was 8months old we planned to get pregnant again. After my second I REALLY don't want another kid yet, but I refuse to be on birth control so we use Natural Family planning along with condoms, but there are times we have been lazy recently and just use the pull out method (totally feels better, i had condoms) and he's a year old and we haven't gotten pregnant. Even with my EBF I still got my period back at 5weeks PP with both kids. 

Also never do anything you don't feel 100% comfortable with, my husband and I talk about it and communicate to each other what we are comfortable with, we also know if a baby happens then we are prepared for that.  

Quoting ARIAandME:

Well idk if this is a TMI but my fiance wants to start using the "pull-out" method because of course it feels better than using a condom. I am also on birthcontrol. Ik your more likely to get pregnant after you have a child so I am scared to do that. Even though I am on birthcontrol. 

ARIAandME
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I am comfortable with the pull-out method we used it before my daughter was born while I wasn't on bc. But I just had my baby 3 months ago, and I really can't afford to get pregnant again nor do I want to. Thats why I need to know when it would be best to be using the pull-out method instead of bc on top of condoms, because I am actually alergic to laytex and none laytex condoms are way more expensive than reg. laytex so it would actually help me a great deal if I can use the pull-out method. 

Quoting twogirl91:

We used only the pull out method and Natural Family planning between my first and second son, it worked and when my son was 8months old we planned to get pregnant again. After my second I REALLY don't want another kid yet, but I refuse to be on birth control so we use Natural Family planning along with condoms, but there are times we have been lazy recently and just use the pull out method (totally feels better, i had condoms) and he's a year old and we haven't gotten pregnant. Even with my EBF I still got my period back at 5weeks PP with both kids. 

Also never do anything you don't feel 100% comfortable with, my husband and I talk about it and communicate to each other what we are comfortable with, we also know if a baby happens then we are prepared for that.  

Quoting ARIAandME:

expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Nothing is 100%, but if you are on birth control and he completely pulls out I would highly doubt you would get pregnant. Look up the pull out method online and learn to do it the correct way. Good luck to you! :)

Quoting ARIAandME:

I am comfortable with the pull-out method we used it before my daughter was born while I wasn't on bc. But I just had my baby 3 months ago, and I really can't afford to get pregnant again nor do I want to. Thats why I need to know when it would be best to be using the pull-out method instead of bc on top of condoms, because I am actually alergic to laytex and none laytex condoms are way more expensive than reg. laytex so it would actually help me a great deal if I can use the pull-out method. 

Quoting twogirl91:

Quoting ARIAandME:

ARIAandME
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Thank you. We used it before for a year and a half. I just want to be extra careful.

Quoting twogirl91:

Nothing is 100%, but if you are on birth control and he completely pulls out I would highly doubt you would get pregnant. Look up the pull out method online and learn to do it the correct way. Good luck to you! :)

Quoting ARIAandME:

Quoting twogirl91:

Quoting ARIAandME:

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Id say if you are using two methods of birth control, the chances are very slim

Quoting ARIAandME:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)