Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the MUST HAVES! to bring baby home.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM
  • 45 Replies

Okay hope I dont get kicked for this but I am doing a talk to some teens and been asked to prove how expensive a baby can be...so what are the MUST HAVES for say babies frist 6 months or even year...

First of all just to bring baby home

Car Seat

Something for baby to sleep in (crib or the like)

Clothes

Blankets

Diapers/wipes

stroller

Its been awhile anything I am missing to bring the bundle of joy home?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoch86
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Probably bottles.. Not sure what the going rate is for teens and breast feeding but people always look at me in amazement when the see me bfing..
So yah, bottles
Formula

*im 26, by the way..
mama2gg
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Boobs
Diapers
Wipes
Pack of onsies

Thats all you have to have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

pacifiers, burp cloths, baby hygiene (like a mild body/hair soap, baby lotion, baby nail clippers), baby first aid kit, bulb syringe, digital thermometer, changing pads (something to use under baby's bottom in case of an accident while changing), possibly a moby wrap or some kind of carrier if mama wants to baby wear. If baby is born in spring/summer, then onesies are GREAT. If baby is born in fall/winter, then footie pjs are awesome. The parent(s) need to be educated about SIDS, proper carseat installation & use, vaccination choices, etc. Not all of these are "must haves" for everyone and new parents will quickly learn what they do and don't really need. Always nice to be prepared though. 

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Boobs
diapers
clothes
carseat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM
LOL you NEED none of what you listed

Changing pads are you kidding me haha that is not a needed thing

Quoting alandou:

pacifiers, burp cloths, baby hygiene (like a mild body/hair soap, baby lotion, baby nail clippers), baby first aid kit, bulb syringe, digital thermometer, changing pads (something to use under baby's bottom in case of an accident while changing), possibly a moby wrap or some kind of carrier if mama wants to baby wear. If baby is born in spring/summer, then onesies are GREAT. If baby is born in fall/winter, then footie pjs are awesome. The parent(s) need to be educated about SIDS, proper carseat installation & use, vaccination choices, etc. Not all of these are "must haves" for everyone and new parents will quickly learn what they do and don't really need. Always nice to be prepared though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessicamarquez
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I disagree I guess your comfortable putting your baby on any surface?

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting alandou:

mama2gg
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I don't Vax
I wipe it down with a Clorox wipe
I put a blanket down
I change her butt

Yes I'm quite OK with random germs my child doesn't live in a bubble lol

And not to mention I think I changed my son twice in 5 years in a public place and dd once there is NO NEED you can use the car,house, lap anything
Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting alandou:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM

though they don't cost anything... patience!

Jessicamarquez
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I don't vax either? I take my DD out so she's exposed and a blanket is a barrier so althou it isn't a formal one if you had a changing mat I'm sure you'd use it lol I didn't mean to come off rude. There are plenty of things that you can use as a changing mat you're right.

Quoting mama2gg:

I don't Vax
I wipe it down with a Clorox wipe
I put a blanket down
I change her butt

Yes I'm quite OK with random germs my child doesn't live in a bubble lol

And not to mention I think I changed my son twice in 5 years in a public place and dd once there is NO NEED you can use the car,house, lap anything
Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting alandou:

angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Okay, I don't understand this. A stroller is not needed to bring a baby home first off, but at the same time if you are trying to "prove" how expensive a baby is then why not talk about the LONG TERM costs of having a child, rather than just the first 6 months? Because the first 6 months isn't a whole lot when that's ALL you are thinking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)